Biology: The Unity and Diversity of Life, 15/e (AE-Paperback)【內含Access Code,經刮除不受退】
Cecie Starr , Ralph Taggart , Christine Evers , Lisa Starr
●Unmatched Clarity: BIOLOGY: THE UNITY AND DIVERSITY OF LIFE, 15th Edition, makes subjects accessible without glossing over the science--even for the most complex topics.
●Data Analysis: Analytical activities using real data give students the opportunity to hone their critical thinking skills and gain insight into contemporary research.
●Human Impacts: Engaging, up-to-date content focuses on real-world applications and the many ways human activities affect the environment.
●Visual Substance: Both pleasing to the eye and scientifically accurate, the book's art program adds real depth to the material with step-by-step "Figure It Out" images and animated figures in MindTap.
1. Invitation to Biology.
UNIT 1: PRINCIPLES OF CELLULAR LIFE.
2. Life's Chemical Basis.
3. Molecules of Life.
4. Cell Structure.
5. Ground Rules of Metabolism.
6. Where it Starts: Photosynthesis.
7. Releasing Chemical Energy.
UNIT II: GENETICS.
8. DNA Structure and Function.
9. From DNA to Protein.
10. Control of Gene Expression.
11. How Cells Reproduce.
12. Meiosis and Sexual Reproduction.
13. Observing Patterns in Inherited Traits.
14. Chromosomes and Human Inheritance.
15. Studying and Manipulating Genomes.
UNIT III: PRINCIPLES OF EVOLUTION.
16. Evidence of Evolution.
17. Processes of Evolution.
18. Organizing Information about Species.
19. Life's Origin and Early Evolution.
UNIT IV: EVOLUTION AND BIODIVERSITY.
20. Viruses, Bacteria, and Archaea.
21. Protists: The Simplest Eukaryotes.
22. The Land Plants.
24. Animal Evolution: The Invertebrates.
25. Animal Evolution: The Vertebrates.
26. Human Evolution.
UNIT V: HOW PLANTS WORK.
27. Plant Tissues.
28. Plant Nutrition and Transport.
29. Life Cycles of Flowering Plants.
30. Communication Strategies in Plants.
UNIT VI: HOW ANIMALS WORK.
31. Animal Tissues and Organ Systems.
32. Neural Control.
33. Sensory Perception.
34. Endocrine Control.
35. Structural Support and Movement.
39. Digestion and Nutrition.
40. Maintaining the Internal Environment.
41. Animal Reproduction.
42. Animal Development.
43. Animal Behavior.
UNIT VII: PRINCIPLES OF ECOLOGY.
44. Population Ecology.
45. Community Ecology.
47. The Biosphere.
48. Human Impacts on the Biosphere.