- 出版商: McGraw-Hill Education
- 出版日期: 2001-07-18
- 售價: $1,976
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,877
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 378
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 0071376186
- ISBN-13: 9780071376181
Intended for use in broadband ISDN and ATM networks, SONET (Synchronous Optical Network) and SDH (Synchronous Digital Hierarchy) have taken on a life of their own. As fiber optic cable becomes the standard for data transmission, telcos and other carriers are deploying more high-speed SONET/SDH technologies to support leased-line services such as DS-1 and DS-3. In search of ever-faster data speeds, leading corporations such as Boeing, AT&T, and Disney are moving their private global networks to a SONET/SDH infrastructure.
THIS BOOK IS A MUST-READ IF--
* Yourre at the point where technology turns to business and shoot-or-pass decisions get made
* Staying on top of whats hot in communications is your job
* You need to understand the growth and workings of SONET/SDH, but dont have time for MIT
* You want to compare cots, potentials, and performance of SONET/SDH with other technologies
* Youd like business-model case studies of DWDM (Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing) and WDM (Wavelength Division Multiplexing) that make sense
* You sell, market, or manage for a firm that develops SONET/SDH systems
* You make career choices in telecom, Internet service, networking, or the upper echelons of any large business
* You invest in communications equipment makers, service providers, or applications creators
* Youre a curious technophile who cant get enough insider details on new communications strategies, methods, and trends
* You see that theres more sun in the winners circle than in the also-ran column
The easiest way to size up SONET/SDH for your network--or simply to better understand these rapidly expanding technologies--SONET/SDH DEMYSTIFIED is the ideal shortcut to the front edge of high-speed networking.
Chapter 1: Beginnings.
Chapter 2: SONET Basics.
Chapter 3: SDH Basics.
Chapter 4: Overview of Optical Technology.
Chapter 5: Asynchronous Transfer Mode (ATM).
Chapter 6: Players and Futures in the SONET/SDH Game.
Chapter 7: SONET and SDH Aplications.
Common Industry Acroynms.
About the Author.