Broadband Crash Course
P. J. Louis, P.J. Louis
- 出版商: McGraw-Hill Professional
- 出版日期: 2001-08-28
- 定價: USD $42.00
- 售價: $1,326
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,260
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 450
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 0071380604
- ISBN-13: 9780071380607
GET THE ANSWERS TO HELP YOU MAKE ALL NEEDED DECISIONS: FINANCIAL, MANAGEMENT, MARKETING, EQUIPMENT, APPLICATIONS, PROTOCOLS
With savvy from both the technical and business sides of telecom, and a knack for writing in plainspeak, expert P.J. Louis answers essential questions about broadband and explains how to maximize the network resources you already have.
This one-of-a-kind volume gives you a practical approach to broadband delivery and dissects competing technologies in terms that are important to you--markets and business opportunities. Youll find jargon-free, business-based descriptions of products/technologies, applications, and interrelationships--with an emphasis on key comparison factors needed for decision-making.
Writing with the surety and thoroughness of a telecom insider and business executive, Louis clearly and painlessly demonstrates how broadband services are delivered over todays complex telecommunications infrastructure--minus the heavy-duty math.
Louis gets you to focus on the basics, the needs of the customer, and the needs of the marketplace.
Telecommunications service provisioning is like national politics; at the end of the day it is all local.
- P. J. Louis
For an unequaled overview of broadband--one that can help you make the most profitable businesss, technical, and career decisions--no guide but BROADBAND CRASH COURSE will do!
No matter where you work in telecom, this guide provides facts and insights you need on everything from basic to advanced issues. Look inside to learn about:
* Service bundling (voice, Internet access, e-mail, etc.) across all major network types (wireless, IP, cable, satellite, LANs, etc.)
* Benefits of wireline and wireless broadband technologies.
* Service bundling and provisioning across the wireline and wireless broadband networks.
* The Local Loop and its future.
* Coaxing more applications from the technologies youve got
* Business models that have proven themselves in the real world
* 3G wireless, the wireless Internet, softswitching, M-commerce: how will they affect your business?
Broadband is a disruptive technology that is transforming communications--you need to get up to speed. This crash course will do just that!
- Lawrence J. Chu, President of Mediacom Group