Quantum Information Processing, Quantum Computing, and Quantum Error Correction: An Engineering Approach
Djordjevic, Ivan B.
The Second Edition of Quantum Information Processing, Quantum Computing, and Quantum Error Correction: An Engineering Approach presents a self-contained introduction to all aspects of the area, teaching the essentials such as state vectors, operators, density operators, measurements, and dynamics of a quantum system. In additional to the fundamental principles of quantum computation, basic quantum gates, basic quantum algorithms, and quantum information processing, this edition has been brought fully up to date, outlining the latest research trends. These include:
Key topics include:
- Quantum error correction codes (QECCs), including stabilizer codes, Calderbank-Shor-Steane (CSS) codes, quantum low-density parity-check (LDPC) codes, entanglement-assisted QECCs, topological codes, and surface codes
- Quantum information theory, and quantum key distribution (QKD)
- Fault-tolerant information processing and fault-tolerant quantum error correction, together with a chapter on quantum machine learning. Both quantum circuits- and measurement-based quantum computational models are described
- The next part of the book is spent investigating physical realizations of quantum computers, encoders and decoders; including photonic quantum realization, cavity quantum electrodynamics, and ion traps
- In-depth analysis of the design and realization of a quantum information processing and quantum error correction circuits
This fully up-to-date new edition will be of use to engineers, computer scientists, optical engineers, physicists and mathematicians.