Squeak: Open Personal Computing and Multimedia (Paperback)
Mark J. Guzdial, Kimberly M. Rose
- 出版商: Pearson
- 出版日期: 2001-08-12
- 定價: USD $99.80
- 售價: $299
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 511
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 0130280917
- ISBN-13: 9780130280916
Written by the leading experts in the worldwide Squeak community, this book assembles a compelling vision of what programming can be. Squeak: Open Personal Computing and Multimedia is the only book on Squeak that addresses the advanced features for the student, researcher, multimedia developer, open source developer, hobbyist, and the professional. Developed for Smalltalk, it is for anyone that wants a powerful, cross-platform, and open alternative to the traditional multimedia and exploratory languages.FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- CD-ROM included: Contains the complete Squeak environment, which consists of the version 2.9 virtual image and complete sources, and the virtual machine ports for a wide range of processors and operating systems. Also, numerous tutorials and Squeak applications.
- Foreword by Alan Kay, Vice President of Research for Walt Disney Imagineering and the vision behind Squeak.
- THE authoritative guide, to the use of Squeak as a multimedia tool: Provides details on 3-D computer graphics, advanced UI, streaming audio, computer music, and other multimedia topics.
- Shows how Squeak supports the open source developer, from building and extending cross-platform software, to eXtreme Programming (XP).
- Illustrates how to use Squeak to create and extend virtual machines for multimedia or embedded systems, such as cable set-top boxes and video game consoles.
Table of Contents
I. SQUEAK FOR THE PROGRAMMER AND MEDIA DEVELOPER.
2. An Introduction to Morphic: The Squeak User Interface Framework.
3. Alice in a Squeak Wonderland.
4. Networking Squeak.
II. SQUEAK FOR THE SYSTEMS PROGRAMMER.
6. Back to the Future Once More.
7. A Tour of the Squeak Object Engine.
8. Porting Squeak.
9. Extending the Squeak Virtual Machine.
III. SQUEAK FOR THE TOOLKIT PROGRAMMER.
11. Extending MathMorphs with Function Plotting.
12. Music and Sound Processing in Squeak Using Siren.
13. Streaming Audio.
14. Embracing Change with Squeak: Extreme Programming (XP).
IV. SQUEAK FOR THE FUTURE.
16. The Future of Squeak.