The Telecommunications Survival Guide: Understanding and Applying
- 出版商: Prentice Hall
- 出版日期: 2000-12-29
- 定價: USD $49.99
- 售價: $399
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 704
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 0130281360
- ISBN-13: 9780130281364
Telecom revolution made easy! Master the technologiesand profit from them!
- Telecom made easy!
- New wireless and high-speed Internet services
- LANs, VPNs, PBXs, frame relay, and much more
- Choosing cost-effective business telecom solutions
- Perfect for telecom marketers, buyers, managers, and other professionals
Telecommunications Survival Guide will help any professional understand all of today's most important new telecommunications, networking, and high-speed Internet technologies-and how to profit from them! Leading author and consultant Peter Moulton explains today's telecom revolution in straightforward, easy-to-follow languagewith plenty of pictures, diagrams, and business examples. From wireless to LANs, DSL to satellite communications, you'll learn how it works, why it matters, and how you can use it to save money and reach new customers. Coverage includes:
- Digital convergence: the growing integration of voice, data, image, and video
- Wireless, including wireless Internet technologies
- xDSL, cable modems, and satellite-based Internet access
- In-house business telecom: LANs, VPNs, PBXs, Centrex, and more
- Frame relay, T-1, and other business data options
- A basic primer on voice and data networking theory and technology
Whether you market, sell, buy, manage, or maintain telecommunications services, Telecommunications Survival Guide delivers the practical insights you need to succeednow, and for years to come.