High-Speed Networks and Internets: Performance and Quality of Service, 2/e (Hardcover)
- 出版商: Prentice Hall
- 出版日期: 2002-01-15
- 售價: $600
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $570
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 715
- 裝訂: Hardcover
- ISBN: 0130322210
- ISBN-13: 9780130322210
貴賓價: $1,984CCNA Self-Study: Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices (ICND) 640-811, 640-801, 2/e
貴賓價: $1,045Operating System Principles, 7/e(IE) (美國版ISBN:0471694665－Operating System Concepts, 7/e) (平裝)
貴賓價: $1,127Interactive Computer Graphics: A Top-Down Approach using OpenGL, 4/e (美國版ISBN:0321321375 )
William Stallings offers the most comprehensive technical book to address a wide range of design issues of high-speed TCP/IP and ATM networks in print to date. High-Speed Networks and Internets presents both the professional and advanced student an up-to-date survey of key issues. The Companion Website and the author's Web page offer unmatched support for students and instructors. The book features the prominent use of figures and tables and an up-to-date bibliography.
In this second edition, this award-winning and best-selling author steps up to the leading edge of integrated coverage of key issues in the design of high-speed TCP/IP and ATM networks to include the following topics:
- Unified coverage of integrated and differentiated services.
- Up-to-date and comprehensive coverage of TCP performance.
- Thorough coverage of next-generation Internet protocols including (RSVP), (MPLS), (RTP), and the use of Ipv6.
- Unified treatment of congestion in data networks; packet-switching, frame relay, ATM networks, and IP-based internets.
- Broad and detailed coverage of routing, unicast, and multicast.
- Comprehensive coverage of ATM; basic technology and the newest traffic control standards.
- Solid, easy-to-absorb mathematical background enabling understanding of the issues related to high-speed network performance and design.
- Up-to-date treatment of gigabit Ethernet.
- The first treatment of self-similar traffic for performance assessment in a textbook on networks (Explains the mathematics behind self-similar traffic and shows the performance implications and how to estimate performance parameters.)
- Up-to-date coverage of compression. (A comprehensive survey.)
- Coverage of gigabit networks. Gigabit design issues permeate the book
Table of Contents
2. Protocols and Architecture.
3. TCP and IP.
II. HIGH-SPEED NETWORKS.
5. Asynchronous Transfer Mode (ATM).
6. High-Speed LANs.
III. PERFORMANCE MODELING AND ESTIMATION.
8. Queuing Analysis.
9. Self-Similar Traffic.
IV. CONGESTION AND TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT.
11. Link-Level Flow and Error Control.
12. TCP Traffic Control.
13. Traffic and Congestion Control in ATM Networks.
V. INTERNET ROUTING.
15. Interior Routing Protocols.
VI. QUALITY OF SERVICE IN IP NETWORKS.
17. Integrated and Differentiated Services.
18. Protocols for QOS Support.
20. Lossless Compression.
21. Lossy Compression.
Appendix A: Standards and Standards-Setting Organizations.
Appendix B: Sockets Programming.