Sun Certified System Administrator for Solaris 8 Study Guide (Paperback)
Peter H. Gregory, Sun Microsystems Inc.
- 出版商: Prentice Hall
- 出版日期: 2001-10-22
- 售價: $399
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 448
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 0130409332
- ISBN-13: 9780130409331
貴賓價: $931Optical Networking
貴賓價: $2,244Essential C# 2.0 (Paperback)
售價: $399Solaris 8 Training Guide (310-011 and 310-012): System Administrator Certificate
售價: $613Rapid Development (Paperback)
售價: $640Writing Secure Code
貴賓價: $1,029Absolute C++
貴賓價: $1,045Principles of Wireless Networks: A Unified Approach(精裝)
貴賓價: $1,235Computer Architecture: A Quantitative Approach, 3/e(精裝本)
貴賓價: $1,107Distributed Systems: Concepts and Design, 3/e
The authoritative prep guide for the Sun Solaris 8 Operating Environment System Administration Part I certification exam!
- The only exam prep guide for the Solaris 8 Operating Environment endorsed by Sun Educational Services!
- Contains self-assessment questions approved by the exam's creators
- Comprehensive coverage of day-to-day system administration
- Security, backup and recovery, installation, disks, troubleshooting, and much more
This start-to-finish guide to the certification exam for the Solaris 8 platform is the only prep guide endorsed by Sun Educational Services—and the only book containing self-assessment questions approved by the exam's creators!
Focused entirely on the Solaris 8 platform, it's both an exceptionally authoritative study guide and an outstanding day-to-day reference for every sysadmin using the latest, most powerful version of the Solaris Operating Environment. Long-time UNIX authority Peter H. Gregory presents comprehensive coverage of essential concepts of the Solaris platform and day-to-day user administration, including:
- Files, file systems, disks, and backup/recovery
- Installation, initialization and shutdown, boot PROMs, and the Solaris platform kernel
- Command syntax, shell commands, and vi editing-including hundreds of real-world examples
- Security, processes, remote communications, and user administration
- Analyzing and troubleshooting hardware and software
- Graphical user interfaces
Whether you're currently preparing for the Sun Solaris 8 Operating Environment certification exam or migrating to the Solaris 8 platform from earlier versions, you won't find a more authoritative, useful resource.
Table of Contents
1. System Concepts.
3. The Boot PROM.
4. Initialization and Shutdown.
5. User Administration.
6. Files and Directories.
7. vi Editor.
9. File Systems.
10. Backup and Recovery.
12. Remote Administration.