The Essential Guide to Internet Business Technology
Gail Honda, Kipp Martin
- 出版商: Prentice Hall
- 出版日期: 2002-03-01
- 定價: $1,230
- 售價: 2.4 折 $299
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 464
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 0130428205
- ISBN-13: 9780130428202
$299The JFC Swing Tutorial (Paperback)
$199The J2EE Tutorial (Paperback)
$299Designing Enterprise Applications with the J2EE Platform, 2/e
$875Design Patterns Java Workbook (Paperback)
$990Business Rules and Information Systems: Aligning IT with Business Goals
Internet business technology forevery business professional.
- What every business professional needs to know about Internet technology
- Clear, nontechnical explanations: hardware, software, infrastructure, and more
- The importance of Internet business even after the dot-com crash
Today, every executive and business professional must understand Internet technology well enough to ask the right questions, set the right expectations, and make the best possible decisions—especially after the dot-com implosion. The Essential Guide to Internet Business Technology gives executives, managers, and other nontechnical professionals a complete, up-to-the-minute primer on today's most important Internet technologies—and their business implications. From Internet architecture to e-business marketing, this book delivers current insight and expert advice you can act upon.
- Current Internet hardware and software technologies and their implications
- Web content development and design: what you must know to build effective business sites
- New opportunities made possible by XML and XML-related technologies
- Internet business models and marketing: lessons of the dot-com crash
- Internet security: protecting your data, applications, and customers
- Relational databases, data warehouses, and data mining
- Microsoft(r) .NET versus Linux(r), Java(tm), and the open source movement
- Selecting a Web hosting service, last-mile connection, and application service provider
- Web services, SOAP, middleware, enterprise application integration, and B2B integration
Whether you're a manager, consultant, sales, marketing or PR professional, investor, or student, you need to understand the technologies that will drive the next Internet business revolution. Now, one book illuminates them all: The Essential Guide to Internet Business Technology.
I. TECHNOLOGY BASICS.
1. Say “Yes” to Internet Business.
2. What Do I Need to Know about Hardware?
3. Software Is Everywhere.
4. Internet and Web Technology.
II. FRONT END: PRESENTATION.
5. Languages of the Internet.
6. Web Site Design and Content.
7. Getting Your Business Online.
III. NUTS AND BOLTS OF INTERNET BUSINESS.
8. Rethinking Internet Business Models.
9. Security and Internet Business.
10. Internet Business Transactions.
11. Marketing on the Internet.
IV. BACK END: SUPPORT.
12 The Power of Databases.
13. Internet Business Architecture.
14. Enterprise Application Software.
V. APPENDIX: ADDITIONAL HELP.
A Technical Appendix.
B: Suggested Reading.