Itanium Rising: Breaking Through Moore's Second Law of Computing Power
Jim Carlson, Jerry Huck
- 出版商: Prentice Hall
- 出版日期: 2002-09-19
- 定價: $1,050
- 售價: 1.9 折 $199
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 304
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 0130464155
- ISBN-13: 9780130464156
$399Solaris Internals: Core Kernel Architecture
$299Hack Proofing Linux: A Guide to Open Source Security
$199Cisco Secure Intrusion Detection System (Hardcover)
$399RHCE Red Hat Certified Engineer LINUX Study Guide, 2/e
$299Component Development for the Java Platform (Paperback)
This book covers the development and application of Itanium. It describes why the revolutionary leap forward in processing power can help CEO's achieve their company's vision. It also discusses the implication of these changes to a company's IT infrastructure. The book touches on issues involving how to move away from the desktop model of computing into implementing a system that best makes use of the IPF. The final section of the book discusses the future of the IPF and the technological changes resulting from it.
Table of Contents
1. Why Itanium Processors? Benefits of the Brand New Processor Family.
2. The Itanium Processor Family: The Development of the Next Generation of Processor Architecture.
3. Planning the Revolution: Developing the Itanium Processor Family.
4. The Next Technology Paradigm: Computing as a Utility.
5. The Itanium Adoption Curve.
6. How Itanium Architecture Upholds Moore's First Law While Suspending Moore's Second Law.
7. EPIC-The Appropriate Name for a Breakthrough in Processor Architecture.
8. Key Architectural Changes in EPIC.
9. Total Cost of Ownership Under Itanium.
10. The Transition Process.
11. The Itanium/HP-UX Transition.
12. The Aries Dynamic Code Translation Project.
13. Itanium Transition from IA-32117.
14. Services for Transition.
15. Compilers in the Itanium/EPIC Architecture World.
16. The Secure Sockets Layer.
17. Hewlett-Packard's Scalable Processor Chipset.
18. The Future of EPIC Processors and Systems. Preexisting and Continuing Trends. Where Will Future Chip Enhancements Come From? Cache Size, Cache Hierarchy, and Compiler Development. Benefits of the Compaq Merger. Complete Security. 'Green' Chips of the Future. In Summary.
Appendix A. Technology Terms.
Appendix B. Web Resources.
Appendix C. Itanium Case Studies.