Windows .NET Security: step-by-step techniques and fast answers.
- The practical, start-to-finish guide to Windows .NET security
- New Windows .NET security features: Location-Aware Firewalling, Offline File Encryption, and more
- Locking down .NET servers and XP clients-step by step
- Securing new Windows .NET features: Raw Sockets, Remote Desktop, Remote Assistance, and more
- Anticipating future threats-including threats to 802.1x wireless networks
Windows .NET Server Security Handbook is your practical, step-by-step guide to maximizing Windows .NET security. Two leading experts show you how to take advantage of every important new Windows .NET and XP security feature, from .NET's new firewall to its updated Encrypting File System. You'll discover the critical security implications of new features such as Remote Desktop and Remote Assistance, then learn how to use Microsoft(r)'s latest tools to configure security in a wide range of scenarios. By the time you're finished, you'll know how to lock down any Windows .NET system-from the largest enterprise to the smallest home network.
- The Internet Connection Firewall: configuration, adding programs, logging, ICMP, and more
- Windows .NET raw sockets: the reality-and what you should do about it
- Anticipating emerging threats, including wireless 802.11 hacking and "War Driving"
- Windows .NET Security Toolset: using the Security Configuration and Analysis snap-in, Secedit.exe, Security Templates, and more
- Configuring Windows .NET VPNs, PKI, and Smart Cards
- Kerberos: server authentication, policies, security environments, and interoperability issues
- Securing Microsoft IIS Web services in Windows .NET environments
- Understanding the core security architecture Microsoft's .NET platform is built upon
- Discovering new security holes fast: how you can beat BugTraq by seven days!
Table of Contents
Introduction to Windows .NET Security.
1.What's Different in Windows .NET Security.
2. Securing Windows .NET Remote Administration.
3. Securing Remote Assistance.
4. Windows .NET Client Security: Protecting Windows XP.
5. Frequently Asked Questions.
6. Wireless Security.
7. Configuring Windows .NET Server Security.
8. Encrypting File System.
9. Public Key Infrastructure.
10. Smart Cards.
11. Designing Secure Virtual Private Networks (VPN).
12. Security Configuration Tool Set.
13. Configuring Windows .NET Internet Security.
14. Configuring IP Security.
15. How to Beat Bugtraq by Seven Days.
Appendix. Suggested Reading.