Object-Oriented Defect Management of Software (Hardcover)
$299Network Intrusion Detection, 2/e
$814IT Architectures and Middleware: Strategies for Building Large, Integrated Syste
$875Designing Effective Wizards: A Multidisciplinary Approach
$199Enterprise Services: Architecture (Paperback)
- Preventing and eliminating defects at every stage of object-oriented development
- New and revamped techniques for managing defects in design, architecture, classes, integration, and more
- Includes practical tools, templates, checklists, and other productivity tools
- Compatible with UML, RUP, OPEN, and all object-oriented languages
The complete lifecycle guide to preventing and eliminating object-oriented software defects.
This is the first systematic guide to defect identification, correction, and prevention in object-oriented software development projects. Houman Younessi covers every aspect of defect reduction, going far beyond testing to cover key aspects of the software development process, from planning through software delivery. Best of all, Younessi provides hands-on templates, checklists, and other productivity tools you can use to start improving software quality—right now.
- Why object-orientation presents powerful challenges in defect management
- Adapting traditional defect management techniques to object-oriented environments
- Developing, refining, and validating "low defect" requirements documents
- Minimizing defects through the use of cohesion, coherence, coupling, contracts, and effective architecture
- Identifying defects in object-oriented code: Fagan, Ebenau and Strauss, Gilb and Graham, and other advanced inspection techniques
- Testing base, derived, and abstract classes
- Integration, integration testing, and system testing for object-oriented systems
Younessi's techniques are entirely compatible with today's leading tools, notation schemes, languages, and methodologies, including the UML modeling standard, and both the RUP (Rational Unified Process) and OPEN models. No matter how large your projects are, Object-Oriented Defect Management of Software is your start-to-finish framework for maximizing robustness, reliability, and maintainability.
1. Setting the Scene.
2. Defects and Defect Management in an Object-Oriented Environment.
3. Developing Low Defect Requirements.
4. Identifying and Removing Requirements Defects.
5. Preventing Design Defects.
6. Design Defect Identification.
7. Program Defect Identification.
8. Testing Classes.
9. Integration, Integration Testing, and System Testing.
Appendix A. Taxonomy of Defect Management.
Appendix B. Syntax of Object Z.
Appendix C. Software Inspection Process.