Getting Started with Sun One
- 出版商: Prentice Hall
- 售價: $1,566
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,488
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 384
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 0130893900
- ISBN-13: 9780130893901
This is the first complete guide to deploying e-Business solutions based on the Sun-Netscape alliance's iPlanet family of servers and related products. It offers comprehensive guidance on application design and configuration, demonstrating how to build a robust, scalable enterprise infrastructure using iPlanet technologies; define and manage business processes using iPlanet's ECXpert toolset; and deploy e-marketplace business applications using iPlanet's TradingXPert.KEY TOPICS:iPlanet Server Infrastructure begins with the absolute basics: understanding what iPlanet software can do, installing the iPlanet Application Server from the accompanying CD-ROM, and configuring the software. Drawing on his unparalleled experience supporting iPlanet products, Stacy Thurston offers step-by-step coverage of setting up a business application web site with iPlanet technology, focusing on the key tasks enterprises need to perform in order to succeed. The book contains easy-to-understand technical overviews of each major iPlanet software package, including the Web Server, Directory Server, Messaging Server, and Application Server; as well as iPlanet's ECXpert tools for automating and managing processes across organizations and existing private networks. The book also contains an extensive set of data flow diagrams and application designs intended to help systems and business analysts achieve their goals far more quickly.MARKET:For every Web developer, manager, and e-Business professional interested in deploying applications with Sun-Netscape iPlanet technologies. Previously appeared in 4/2002 catalog.
Table of Contents
A “How to” Book.
Building a Web Site.
Project Using a Directory Database.
About the Included DVD.
1. Sun Open Net Environment (Sun ONE).
2. Transition from Netscape to iPlanet to Sun ONE.
3. The Sun ONE Web Server.
4. Installing the Sun ONE Web Server 6.0.
5. Starting, Stopping, and Testing the Sun ONE Web Server.
6. Configuring the Sun ONE Web Server for Static Content.
7. Configuring the Sun ONE Web Server for Dynamic Content.
8. The Sun ONE Directory Server.
9. Installing the Sun ONE Directory Server 5.
10. Using the Sun ONE Directory Database: The Console.
11. Using the Sun ONE Directory Database: Directory Data Structures.
12. Restricting Web Site Access to Privileged Directory Members.
13. The Sun ONE Application Server 7.
14. Installing the Sun ONE Application Server 7.
15. Starting, Stopping, and Testing the Sun ONE Application Server.
16. Configuring the Sun ONE Application Server's Web Server Features.
17. Sun ONE Application Server and Administration Hierarchy.
18. Using Sun ONE Studio 4 to Develop Web Applications. Deploying a Sample Web Application. Before We Begin Developing£. Creating a Web Application with Sun ONE Studio 4. Exercise: Expanding the Web Application. Summary.
19. The Sun ONE Application Server 6.5.
20. Installing Sun ONE Application Server 6.5, Test Drive Edition.
21. Testing and Administration.
22. Deploying Programs into the Sun ONE Application Server 6.5.
About the Author.
About the DVD.