Professional Techniques for Video Game Writing
- 出版商: CRC
- 出版日期: 2020-04-28
- 售價: $5,540
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $5,263
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 318
- 裝訂: Hardcover - also called cloth, retail trade, or trade
- ISBN: 0367184788
- ISBN-13: 9780367184780
無現貨庫存(No stock available)
This second edition of Professional Techniques for Video Game Writing is updated with new chapters and new authors, but it's still a no-nonsense guide to the professional craft of writing for video games. Not only does the text cover story and narrative elements, but it also addresses dialogue, documentation, and strategy guides. Seasoned video game writers each address a different topic, including the best way to break into the video game industry, how to be an efficient part of a team, and the principles of narrative design. The book also offers script samples, technical writing advice, effective writing tips, and suggestions for how to innovate in game narrative.
- Comprehensive enough for veterans and accessible enough for novices
- Goes into detail about how to write tutorials, script doctoring, and writing for AAA games
- Delivers invaluable experiences directly from writers in the games industry
- Full of practical advice from industry pros on how to get a job, and then how to get the job done
Wendy Despain has more than two decades of experience spearheading digital media projects. She has worked with teams around the world as a writer, narrative designer, producer, and consultant on interactive experiences ranging from video games to augmented reality. She's worked with EA, Disney, Ubisoft, Cartoon Network, PBS, Marvel, and Wargaming. Currently, she's a Production Director at ArenaNet, makers of the Guild Wars franchise.
Her books include:
- Writing For Videogame Genres: From FPS to RPG
- Talking to Artists/Talking to Programmers
100 Principles of Game Design
Wendy Despain has two previous books in game design with CRC Press (and one with New Riders), teaches game design at Full sail Unversity and is a sought after contract game designer. Her also writes for Gamasutra and is formewewer Chair of the IGDA's Game Writign SIG.