Building Virtual Reality with Unity and SteamVR (Hardcover) 2nd 版本
Murray, Jeff W.
- 出版商: CRC
- 出版日期: 2020-02-21
- 售價: $5,320
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $5,054
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 276
- 裝訂: Hardcover - also called cloth, retail trade, or trade
- ISBN: 0367272652
- ISBN-13: 9780367272654
Building Virtual Reality with Unity and SteamVR (English) 2nd 版本
Building Virtual Reality with Unity and Steam VR takes a hands-on approach to getting up and running with virtual reality using the Unity game engine. By utilizing the free SteamVR 2.x libraries, this book and its example code are compatible with the main virtual reality (VR) head-mounted displays currently available. This book also looks at some of the main issues surrounding virtual reality, such as motion sickness and performance issues, providing practical ways to reduce their impact to make better VR experiences.
- Discusses some of the key issues facing virtual reality and provides helpful tips for making better VR experiences
- Practical examples geared to work with any headset compatible with SteamVR, including Oculus Rift, HTC Vive, and Valve Index
- Uses the SteamVR Interaction system for interactions such as picking up and throwing objects, operating user interfaces and capturing input events for your own scripts
- Explore advanced spatialized audio with Steam Audio.
- Discover how to build user interfaces for virtual reality, as well as discussing some best practices for VR-based user interface design
- Written by a games industry veteran with a proven track record, having worked for IBM Research in educational VR research projects and having made and launched VR experiences.
Jeff W. Murray has written two books: Game Development for iOS with Unity3D and C# Game Programming Cookbook for Unity3D, both published by CRC Press. In his game development career spanning more than 20 years, he has worked with some of the world's largest brands as a Game Designer, Programmer, and Game Director before finding his new home in VR.