Windows Vista: The L Line, the Express Line to Learning
- 出版商: John Wiley
- 出版日期: 2007-03-12
- 售價: $1,232
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,170
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 517
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 0470046937
- ISBN-13: 9780470046937
Get on the fast track to mastering Vista
Want to join the move to Microsoft's new Windows Vista? Whether it's for home or business, you can make the transition painlessly with this easy-to-follow guide. Gain solid skills as you progress from station to station in a series of clear-cut tutorials on new Vista tools. Learn how to customize your desktop, go wireless, set security, and more. The last stop? Become a Vista power user and see where you can go. Start the journey today on The L Line.
* Select the right Vista edition or upgrade for your needs
* Browse the new interface
* Master indexing, searching, and security in Vista
* Create CDs, DVDs, and file libraries
All aboard for valuable online extras
Visit the L Line Web site at www.wiley/com/go/thelline for valuable online supplementary materials:
* Test bank with challenging review questions
* PowerPoint(r) slides with chapter outlines
* Practice exam answers
Along The L Line
* Complete tutorial coverage
* Ample illustrations and examples
* Real-world applications and hints for avoiding pitfalls
* Practice exams that help you evaluate your progress
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Installing Windows Vista.
Chapter 2: Using the Windows Vista Desktop.
Chapter 3: Welcome to Internet Explorer 7.
Chapter 4: Security, Privacy, and Parental Controls in Windows Vista.
Chapter 5: Working More Efficiently with Applications, Files, and Folders.
Chapter 6: Working with Vista’s Free Tools.
Chapter 7: Connecting to the Outside World.
Chapter 8: Adding (And Removing) Additional Programs and Devices with Vista.
Chapter 9: Working with Digital Media.
Chapter 10: Maximizing Your Windows Power and Performance.
Chapter 11: Keeping Up, Backing Up, Disaster and Recovery.
Chapter 12: Getting Help and Support.
Appendix A: The Practice Exam Answers.