Web Design: The L Line, The Express Line to Learning (Paperback)
Get on the fast track to creating your own Web site
Want to create a compelling Web site for a home business, family, or fun? Whether you're a student, aspiring designer, or entrepreneur, you can — with Dreamweaver® and this easy-to-follow guide. Gain solid skills as you go from station to station in a series of clear-cut tutorials that cover site planning, registering a domain, formatting, and more. The last stop? Put your new site online and go live! Start your journey today on The L Line.
- Define your goals and create a site plan
- Learn the best ways to combine HTML and Cascading Style Sheets
- Use layers, create forms, and make the site interactive
- Master Web standards and the latest search engine optimization techniques
All aboard for valuable online extras
Visit The L Line Web site at www.wiley.com/go/thelline for valuable online supplementary materials:
- Test bank with challenging review questions
- PowerPoint slides with chapter outlines
- Images and Web page files from the book
- Practice exam answers
- A CSS reference guide
Along The L Line
- Complete tutorial coverage with step-by-step instruction
- Ample illustrations and examples
- Real-world case studies, applications, and hints for avoiding pitfalls
- Practice exams that let you evaluate your progress
Chapter 1: Starting with a Plan.
Chapter 2: Defining Your Audience.
Chapter 3: Pulling Together the Content.
Chapter 4: Choosing Development Tools and Techniques.
Chapter 5: Registering a Domain and Getting a Hosting Plan.
Chapter 6: Defining the Site’s Look and Feel.
Chapter 7: Mocking Up the Design.
Chapter 8: Optimizing Graphics.
Chapter 9: Working with Web Standards (HTML/XHTML/CSS/508).
Chapter 10: Using Search Engine Optimization Techniques.
Chapter 11: Building Basic Pages.
Chapter 12: Page Formatting with CSS.
Chapter 13: Creating Navigation Systems.
Chapter 14: Layers- versus Tables-based Layouts.
Chapter 15: Using Templates and Server-Side Includes (SSIs).
Chapter 16: Creating Forms.
Chapter 17: Making the Site Interactive.
Chapter 18: Testing, Testing, Testing.
Chapter 19: Code Validation and Compliance.
Chapter 20: Taking the Site to the Web.
Appendix A: CSS Attributes.
Appendix B: Exam Answer Appendix.