Security for Ubiquitous Computing
- 出版商: Wiley
- 出版日期: 2002-03-22
- 售價: $1,200
- 貴賓價: 9.8 折 $1,176
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 268
- 裝訂: Hardcover
- ISBN: 0470844930
- ISBN-13: 9780470844939
The insecurity of networked PCs is notorious. If we deployed ubicomp systems as vulnerable as PCs, the risks for society would be catastrophic. How can we do better, and what are the new problems? In a very accessible style, this book provides a coherent framework to make sense of the many issues at stake.
- An introduction to the state of the art in ubicomp research.
- A readable primer on security and cryptology.
- An up-to-date technical treatment of ubicomp security, including a sceptical look at Bluetooth and 802.11.
- "Peer-to-peer" and ad-hoc networking.
- An in-depth discussion of specific, cutting-edge solutions.
- An extensively annotated bibliography.
Security for Ubiquitous Computing combines clarity, brevity and authority. It will appeal to developers and researchers in ubiquitous computing, wireless and ad-hoc networking, wearable computing and related areas. Because it is readable and self-contained, it will also prove valuable to managers, analysts, technology watchers and end users who want to understand the new opportunities and risks of ubicomp.
Table of Contents
About the Author.
2. Ubiquitous computing.
3. Computer security.
Appendix A: A Short Primer on Functions.
Appendix B: Existing Network Security Solutions.