GPRS Networks (Hardcover)
Geoff Sanders, Lionel Thorens, Manfred Reisky, Oliver Rulik, Stefan Deylitz
- 出版商: Wiley
- 出版日期: 2003-10-10
- 售價: $980
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $931
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 304
- 裝訂: Hardcover
- ISBN: 0470853174
- ISBN-13: 9780470853177
貴賓價: $1,026UMTS Networks: Architecture, Mobility and Services, 2/e
貴賓價: $1,617Mobile Application Development with SMS and the SIM Toolkit
貴賓價: $2,089GPRS: General Packet Radio Service
貴賓價: $2,103Building Powerful Platforms with Windows CE
- Takes the reader into the near future - in which 3G networks such as UMTS will use the GPRS core network for access to packet data networks such as the internet
- Tackles crucial issues such as the current transition from IP version 4 to IP version 6 – a move which will enable every electronic device to have its own IP address rather than the dynamic address allocation currently in use
- Provides insights into the planning and dimensioning of GPRS networks - involving mathematical modelling and accurate knowledge/assumptions regarding subscriber behaviour
- Explains how the technology can enable new services and applications - WAP, location based services, in-car multimedia, and m-Commerce are just some of the areas described – each with a description of the necessary infrastructure and the benefits of using GPRS as the enabling technology
GPRS Networks provides a thorough grounding in GPRS by constantly explaining how? and why?. This practical handbook will be an essential purchase for all those involved in telecommunications from network planners and engineers through to project managers, consultants and students.
GPRS will continue to change the way we live, just as GSM has already - if you don’t want to be left behind, read this book!
Table of Contents
1. Mobile Radio Evolution.
2. The General Packet Radio Service.
3. Interfaces and Protocols.
4. GPRS Procedures.
5. Changes in the Radio Sub-system for GPRS.
6. Core Network.
7. Terminal Equipment.
8. Planning and Dimensioning.
9. Towards All-IP Networks.
11. Roaming and GRX.
Glossary and Abbreviations.