Ultra-wideband Radio Technology
Kazimierz Siwiak, Debra McKeown
- 出版商: Wiley
- 出版日期: 2004-06-07
- 售價: $1,500
- 貴賓價: 9.8 折 $1,470
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 264
- 裝訂: Hardcover
- ISBN: 0470859318
- ISBN-13: 9780470859315
貴賓價: $950Ultra Wideband Signals and Systems in Communication Engineering
貴賓價: $1,372UWB: Theory and Applications
貴賓價: $4,090An Introduction to Ultra Wideband Communication Systems
Ultra-wideband (UWB) has been among the most controversial technologies of modern times. Its applications seem endless, its capabilities miraculous and yet it is so poorly understood. In this volume, the authors combine talents to de-mystify ultra-wideband radio and explain it in language that is accessible to non-technologists as well as technologists. They contrast UWB with conventional radio technology so that fundamental, technically accurate information devoid of specific technical and analytical details is accessible for marketing managers, business developers, engineering managers, technology managers, potential investors, financial analysts, executive recruiters, technical writers, and technologists from other fields. The authors also include enough specific technical and engineering information about UWB, for the seasoned technologists, engineers, scientists and academicians who need to understand the topic at an entry level.
- Provides simple high level, conceptual discussions of UWB followed with more detailed, scientific, mathematical, engineering focused explanations
- Presents a global perspective by tracing UWB throughout the history of radio, providing a modern basis for the re-emergence of the technology and for the current regulatory and standards activities
- Features insights into the reasons why the technology developed the way it did
- Explains the key advantages of UWB, including its bandwidth, potential simplicity and huge system capacity
- Discusses the applications of UWB in terms of the unique properties and advantages of UWB
Ultra-wideband Radio Technology will inform, educate and inspire!...
Table of Contents:
2. The Regulatory Climate.
3. UWB in Standards.
4. Generating and Transmitting UWB Signals.
5. Radiation of UWB Signals.
6. Propagation of UWB Signals.
7. Receiving UWB Signals.
8. UWB System Limits and Capacity.
9. Applications and Future Directions.
Appendix A: Excerpts from the FCC First Report and Order.
Appendix B: Summary of Multipath Model for IEEE P802.15.3a.
Appendix C: Free-space Transmission of Pulses.
Appendix D: Glossary.