Project Management Best Practices: Achieving Global Excellence
Harold R. Kerzner
Best practices in the global market for successful project management
Project Management Best Practices: Achieving Global Excellence presents unique, firsthand accounts of how corporations around the world incorporate project management into their strategic business operations. This book is the global-perspective follow-up to Kerzner's bestselling Advanced Project Management: Best Practices on Implementation, Second Edition (0-471-47284-0).
Senior management from more than fifty global Fortune 500 companies-such as Computer Associates, Motorola, Johnson Controls, Nortel, Satyam, and Infosys-present their best practices in project management, including new and previously unpublished material. These industry leaders offer insight into best practices for:
* Project risk management
* Project management for multinational cultures and cultural failures
* Integrated and virtual project teams
Project Management Best Practices: Achieving Global Excellence is a must-have resource for competitive corporate managers, project and team managers, engineers, project team members, and business consultants in today's global market.
Table of Contents
1. Understanding Best Practices.
2. From Best Practices to Migraine Headache.
3. The Journey to Excellence.
4. Project management Methodologies.
5. Integrated processes.
7. Management Support.
8. Training and Education.
9. Informal Project management.
10. Behavioral Excellence.
11. Measuring the Return on Investment on Project Management Training Dollars.
12. The Project Office.
13. Six Sigma and the Project Management Office.