The Mobile Radio Propagation Channel, 2/e
J. D. Parsons
- 出版商: Wiley
- 出版日期: 2000-11-29
- 售價: $1,260
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,197
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 436
- 裝訂: Hardcover
- ISBN: 047198857X
- ISBN-13: 9780471988571
- Features two new chapters: 'Multipath Mitigation Techniques' and 'Radio System Planning'
- Surveys various alternative methods of predicitng the mean signal strength and its variability, and discusses their applications
- Introduces ray-tracing methods in connection with indoor propogation
- Discusses multipath and its effects on narrowband and wideband systems
- Describes channel sounders and reviews methods of hardware and software simulation
- Examines man-made noise and interference, and discusses the resulting performance degradation
By equipping the reader with a thorough understanding of the physical processes that underlie the propogation of radio waves, this systematic approach will prove to be an authoritative and attractive text for researchers, systems designers, university academics and postgraduate students.
Table of Contents
Preface to the First Edition.
Fundamentals of VHF and UHF Propagation.
Propagation over Irregular Terrain.
Propagation in Built-up Areas.
Characterisation of Multipath Phenomena.
Wideband Channel Characterisation.
Other Mobile Radio Channels.
Sounding, Sampling anf Simulation.
Man-made Noise and Interference.
Mitigation of Multipath Effects.
Planning Radio Networks.
Appendix A: Rayleigh Graph Paper and Receiver Noise Figure.
Appendix B: Rayleigh Distribution (dB) and CNR in a Rayleigh Fading Environment.
Appendix C: Deriving PDFs for Variables in Logarithmic Units.
Appendix D: Effective Signal Envelope.