Making the Web Work : Designing Effective Web Applications
- 出版商: Sams Publishing
- 出版日期: 2002-11-01
- 售價: $199
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 474
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 0735711968
- ISBN-13: 9780735711969
貴賓價: $1,009Concepts of Programming Languages, 5/e (精裝)
售價: $960Programming Windows With MFC, 2/e
貴賓價: $2,351Patterns of Enterprise Application Architecture (Hardcover)
貴賓價: $1,337Developing Bioinformatics Computer Skills (Paperback)
售價: $1,120Python & XML
貴賓價: $903Artificial Intelligence: A Modern Approach
貴賓價: $1,140Cryptography: Theory and Practice, 2/e
貴賓價: $960Introduction to Algorithms: A Creative Approach
貴賓價: $1,029Embedded Microcontrollers
貴賓價: $1,205Advanced Programming in the UNIX Environment
貴賓價: $1,140Advanced Java 2 How to Program (Paperback)
貴賓價: $931Fundamentals of RF Circuit Design with Low Noise Oscillators
貴賓價: $1,176PostScript Language Reference, 3/e
貴賓價: $2,706The Knowledge Management Toolkit, 2/e
售價: $99Cisco Networking Academy Program: First- and Second-Year Interactive Guide
貴賓價: $1,330Sams Teach Yourself Shell Programming in 24 Hours, 2/e (Paperback)
貴賓價: $1,671Red Hat Linux 8 Bible
貴賓價: $2,219CJKV Information Processing
貴賓價: $903The Flat-Screen iMac for Dummies
貴賓價: $2,254Building Powerful Platforms with Windows CE
貴賓價: $2,495Concurrent Programming in Java: Design Principles and Patterns, 2/e
貴賓價: $2,272Sonet/SDH, 3/e
貴賓價: $1,862Voice Over MPLS: Planning and Designing Networks
貴賓價: $1,203C Programming for Embedded Systems
Making the Web Work is one of the first books to discuss in detail the unique challenges and issues involved in designing Web-based applications and services. The book tackles this subject on three levels by describing a structured method for prioritizing and categorizing individual design decisions, by offering a detailed analysis of various design options, and by documenting established Web interface conventions. Individual chapters focus on conceptual modeling, task flow, information architecture, navigation, form design, online help, and visual design for Web applications. The book concludes with an in-depth analysis of two well-known consumer applications, Amazon.com and Ofoto.
"Applications are clearly at the heart of the future of web interaction. Bob has created a clear and compelling guide for the creation of web activities that successfully and realistically address people's needs and aspirations." --John Rheinfrank, CEO, seeSpace and Clinical Professor, Kellogg School of Management
"Although a corporation's web site can have a huge impact on their brand, image, and customer satisfaction, the unfortunate reality is that web design is not a well-understood discipline within corporate America. This book makes a compelling case for the importance of web design and provides a comprehensive framework and processes for creating web applications that are both useful and usable. Bob's real-life examples and humor make the book approachable and practical for all professionals involved in the creation of web applications." --Jennifer Bailey, Former SVP, Netscape Communications
Table of Contents
1. Common Ground: Defining Web Applications and Establishing the Goals of Design.
2. Putting the User First: Describing Target Users and Product Goals.
3. Deconstructing the Problem: Prioritizing and Categorizing Different Aspects of an Interface.
II. TIER 1: STRUCTURE.
4. The Conceptual Model: Selecting a Fundamental Motif.
5. The Structural Model: Understanding the Building Blocks of a Web Interface.
6. The Organizational Model: Organizing and Structuring Content and Functionality.
III. TIER 2: BEHAVIOR.
7. Viewing and Navigation: Creating Consistent Sorting, Filtering, and Navigation Behaviors.
8. Editing and Manipulation: Using HTML Input Controls to Accurately Capture Users Data.
9. User Assistance: Communicating with Users Through Help, Status, and Alerts.
IV. TIER 3: PRESENTATION.
10. Layout: Positioning Elements to Maximize Understanding and Readability.
11. Style: Defining Visual Appearance.
12. Text and Labels: Writing for the Web and Calling Things by Their Right Names.
V. CASE STUDIES.
13. Amazon.com: Browsing the Aisles of the Webs Supreme Retailer.
14. Ofoto: Looking at the Leading Online Photo Processor.