Buzz Marketing with Blogs For Dummies
$1,320Head First Design Patterns (Paperback)
In this instant-communication world, buzz means business! And one of the greatest ways to get customers and potential customers buzzing about your business is with a Web log, commonly called a blog. Blogs can help you:
- Introduce the people behind your business
- Discuss relevant issues
- Provide a clearinghouse for information and expertise
- Show your business as a good corporate citizen
- Support an exchange of ideas
- Get honest feedback from your customers
- Affect public opinion
If you’re new to blogging, or if you know the mechanics of a blog but want some help refining and targeting yours, Buzz Marketing With Blogs For Dummies will get you going right away. An expert blogger shows you the ins and outs of putting together a professional-looking blog, walks you through the jargon, helps you decide what your blog should do, and even explains various software solutions. You’ll find out how to:
- Set up and maintain a blog, write in blogging style, and observe blogging etiquette
- Define your audience and target your blog to reach them
- Involve your customers, earn their trust, educate the public, and build community
- Avoid possible legal pitfalls while keeping your blog interesting
- Encourage contributions and links to your blog
- Use images and design an eye-catching format
- Optimize your blog for top search engine ratings, track your results, and measure your success
Written by Susannah Gardner, who has taught online journalism, directed multimedia efforts, and provided custom Web solutions to clients, Buzz Marketing With Blogs For Dummies even shares tips from the experts who establish and maintain some of the top-rated business blogs. You’ll discover the secrets of success, how to spot and solve problems, what software can enhance your blogging life, and a whole lot more. It like having a staff of experts on call!
Table of Contents:
Part I: Getting Started with Business Blogs.
Chapter 1: Checking Out Business Blogs.
Chapter 2: Discovering the Buzz about Buzz Marketing.
Chapter 3: Building a Business Blog.
Part II: Setting Up a Business Blog.
Chapter 4: Picking a Blog Solution.
Chapter 5: Setting Up a Hosted Blog.
Chapter 6: Taking Control with Independent Blog Software.
Part III: Minding Blog Etiquette and Culture.
Chapter 7: Understanding Your Audience.
Chapter 8: Joining the Blogosphere.
Chapter 9: Avoiding Business Blog No-Nos.
Part IV: Positioning Your Blog.
Chapter 10: Finding a Voice.
Chapter 11: Promoting Your Blog.
Chapter 12: Staying on the Right Side of the Law.
Part V: Making the Most of Your Blog.
Chapter 13: Adding Value to a Blog.
Chapter 14: Making Money with a Blog.
Chapter 15: Going Beyond Blogs.
Part VI: The Part of Tens.
Chapter 16: Ten Dry-Spell-Breaking Ideas.
Chapter 17: Ten Traits of a Good Blogger.
Chapter 18: Ten Blogs You Should Know.
Part VII: Appendixes.
Appendix A: Glossary.
Appendix B: Using the Book Blog.
Appendix C: Hosted and Independent Blog Solutions.
Appendix D: How URLs Work.
Appendix E: Case Studies.