Mac OS X and iOS Internals: To the Apple's Core, Volume 1 User Mode
Greatly expanded and updated from Jonathan Levin's original Mac OS X and iOS Internals: To the Apple's Core, this new edition is now two volumes with Volume 1 an expanded treatment of User Mode and Volume 2 The Kernel.
In Volume 1, User Mode, Levin details Mac OS X and iOS for power users beyond where the documentation leaves off.
- The Architecture of OS X and iOS including The User Experience Layer, Filesystems, Frameworks, and libraries
- OS X and iOS Technologies and in particular, the parts that are built on BSD
- Executables and binaries
- Process and Thread Internals including updates to 64-bit
- IPC in OS X and iOS with explanations of Unix, Mach, and XPC
- Details on the Objective-C and new Swift runtime environments
- Process Tracing and Debugging with DTrace and KDebug
- Boot, Panic, and Shutdown
- Launchd and the GUI Shells
- All new coverage of iCloud and networking protocols
- All new coverage of OS X and iOS Security