Shigley's Mechanical Engineering Design, 11/e (IE-Paperback)
Richard Budynas , Keith Nisbett
- 出版商: McGraw-Hill Education
- 出版日期: 2020-01-01
- 售價: $1,350
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,283
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 1116
- ISBN: 1260569993
- ISBN-13: 9781260569995
$810Handbook of Mobile Communication Studies (Hardcover)
Shigley's Mechanical Engineering Design, Eleventh Edition, blends fundamental development of concepts with practical specification of components, which makes this text indispensable for students and as a reference text for practicing engineers.
- Covers the basics of machine design, including the design process, engineering mechanics and materials, failure prevention under static and variable loading, and characteristics of the principal types of mechanical elements.
- Offers a practical approach to the mechanical engineering design through a wide range of real-world applications and examples.
- Encourages readers to link design and analysis by embracing the creative and open-ended nature of machine design, with an emphasis on avoiding trial and error. Fundamental theory and analysis techniques are used to provide design equations that give guidance with the available design parameters.
New to This Edition
- Chapter 2, "Materials," includes expanded coverage of plastic deformation, strain-hardening, true stress and true strain, and cyclic stress-strain properties. This provides a stronger background for the expanded discussion in Chapter 6 of the mechanism of crack nucleation and propagation.
- Chapter 6, "Fatigue Failure Resulting from Variable Loading," has been completely updated, and includes clearer explanations of underlying mechanics, streamlined approach to the stress-life method, and updates consistent with recent research. The processes involved in crack nucleation and propagation, strain-life method and the linear-elastic fracture mechanics method have been updated, adding to the understanding of the factors driving the data used in the stress-life method.
- Chapter 12, "Lubrication and Journal Bearings," has been updated with a new section on dynamically loaded journal bearings, including the mobility method of solution for the journal dynamic orbit. This includes new examples and end-of-chapter problems. The design of big-end connecting rod bearings, used in automotive applications, is also introduced.
- Approximately 100 new end-of-chapter problems focused on providing more variety in the fundamental problems for first-time exposure to the topics.
- Table of Contents
PART 1 BASICS
1 Introduction to Mechanical Engineering Design
3 Load and Stress Analysis
4 Deflection and Stiffness
PART 2 FAILURE PREVENTION
5 Failure Resulting from Static Loading
6 Fatigue Failure Resulting from Variable Loading
PART 3 DESIGN OF MECHANICAL ELEMENTS
7 Shafts and Shaft Components
8 Screws, Fasteners, and the Design of Nonpermanent Joints
9 Welding, Bonding, and the Design of Permanent Joints
10 Mechanical Springs
11 Rolling-Contact Bearings
12 Lubrication and Journal Bearings
14 Spur and Helical Gears
15 Bevel and Worm Gears
16 Clutches, Brakes, Couplings, and Flywheels
17 Flexible Mechanical Elements
18 Power Transmission Case Study
PART 4 SPECIAL TOPICS
19 Finite-Element Analysis
20 Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing