Enterprise Search: Enhancing Business Performance, 2/e (Paperback)
- 出版商: O'Reilly
- 出版日期: 2015-11-10
- 售價: $990
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $941
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 310
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1491915536
- ISBN-13: 9781491915530
Is your organization rapidly accumulating more information than you know how to manage? This updated edition helps you create an enterprise search solution based on more than just technology. Author Martin White shows you how to plan and implement a managed search environment that meets the needs of your business and your employees. Learn why it’s vital to have a dedicated staff manage your search technology and support your users.
Enterprise search is now moving from a "nice to have" to a "need to have" application as organizations struggle to find the information they need to make good business decisions. With this book, business managers, IT managers, and information professionals can maximize the value of corporate information and data assets.
New and updated material for this second edition includes: updated surveys, open source search, eDiscovery, mobile search, big data and content analytics, as well as a chapter on the future of enterprise search.
- Use 12 critical factors to gauge your organization’s search needs
- Learn how to make a business case for search
- Research your user requirements and evaluate your current search solution
- Create a support team with technical skills and organizational knowledge to manage your solution
- Set quality guidelines for organizational content and metadata
- Get an overview of open source and commercial search technology
- Choose an application based on your requirements, not for its features
- Make mobile and location-independent search part of your solution