Alfresco 4 Enterprise Content Management Implementation
Munwar Shariff, Snehal Shah, Rajesh R Avatani, Jayesh Prajapati, Vandana Pal, Vinita Choudhary, Amita Bhandari, Pallika Majmudar
- 出版商: Packt Publishing
- 出版日期: 2013-06-13
- 售價: $2,030
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,929
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 514
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1782160027
- ISBN-13: 9781782160021
Install, administer, and manage this powerful open source Java-based Enterprise CMS
- Manage your business documents with standard practices like content organization, version control, tagging, categorization, library services, and advanced search
- Automate your business process with the advanced workflow concepts of Alfresco using the Activiti workflow engine
- Manage your documents with productivity tools like Microsoft Office, Mobile Application, MS Outlook, Lotus Notes, and so on
- Integrate with external applications such as Liferay Portal, Adobe Flex, iPhone, and Facebook
Alfresco 4 has improved a lot with its new and advanced concepts for content management. Users have been waiting for a book that covers these concepts along with security, dashboards, and the configuration features of Alfresco 4.
Alfresco 4 Enterprise Content Management Implementation is a well-crafted and easy-to-use book, and it is a complete guide to implementing enterprise content management for your business needs using Alfresco 4. It covers the enhanced document management, integration with standard productivity tools, and various integration options with proven external applications.
This book will take you through a number of clear, practical sections that will help you to make a proper decision for your business needs using standard practices with Alfresco’s Document Management and various third-party integrations
You will learn how to install, administer, and manage your entire application. The concepts of mapping your business documents by extending content models and achieving your complex business process using Workflow models and business rules will be discussed in this book. Integration with various third party tools like MS Office, Mobile Application, Outlook, Liferay, Ephesoft, and Kofax will also be covered. You will learn to create your own custom workflow using Activiti BPMN 2.0 Process Designer and also maintain and administrate the entire application.
This book explains everything you need to know to manage your documents using standard processes and mechanisms.
What you will learn from this book
- Work with users and membership accounts, including LDAP integration and single sign-on
- Make content easy to find using search, tagging, content categorization, and metadata
- Customize the user interface, create your own dashboard layouts, and present content in custom ways relevant to your business
- Integrate external applications such as Liferay Portal, iPhone, Facebook, PDF and image viewer, Microsoft Outlook, Adobe Flex and Ffmpeg video transcoder
- Set up a single instance multi-tenant system and High Availability, configure Alfresco as in-bound email server, and set up an audit trail
- Learn the various options for Image and Forms Processing
- Maintain and administrate all of the Alfresco systems
- Use Alfresco 4 as a smart document repository; work with automatic version tracking and control, access the repository from the web, share network folders, FTP, Microsoft Office tools and Mobile Applications