Designing Network Security (Hardcover)
- Understand basic cryptography and security technologies
- Identify the threats and common attacks to a network infrastructure
- Learn how to create a security policy
- Find out how to recover from a security breach
- Study specific implementation scenarios for securing your network environment
You will gain a thorough understanding of basic cryptography, the most widely deployed security technologies, and some newly emerging security technologies. You will be able to guide the architecture and implementation of a security policy for a corporate environment by knowing possible threats and vulnerabilities, and understanding the steps required to perform a risk management assessment.
Through the use of specific configuration examples, you will learn to specify the features required in network infrastructure equipment to implement the given security policy, including securing the internal corporate infrastructure, Internet access, and the dial-in environment.