Enhanced IP Services for Cisco Networks (Hardcover)
Donald C. Lee
Learn how to manage and deploy the latest IP services in Cisco-centric networks.
- Understand VPN security concepts: confidentiality, integrity, origin authentication, non-repudiation, anti-replay, perfect forward secrecy
- Deploy quality of service technologies to protect your mission-critical applications
- Find out how IPsec technology works and how to configure it in IOS
- Learn how to set up a router as a firewall and intrusion detection system
- Gain efficient use of your IP address space with NAT, VLSM, IP unnumbered
- Solve real-world routing problems with redistribution, route filtering, summarization, policy routing
- Enable authentication, authorization, and accounting (AAA) security services wih RADIUS and TACACS+ servers
Enhanced IP Services for Cisco Networks is a guide to the new enabling and advanced IOS services that build more scalable, intelligent, and secure networks. You will learn the technical details necessary to deploy quality of service and VPN technologies, as well as improved security and advanced routing features. These services will allow you to securely extend the network to new frontiers, protect your network from attacks, and enhance network transport with application-level prioritization.
This book offers a practical guide to implementing IPsec, the IOS Firewall, and IOS Intrusion Detection System. Also included are advanced routing principles and quality of service features that focus on improving the capability of your network. A good briefing on cryptography fully explains the science that makes VPNs possible. Rather than being another routing book, this is a guide to improving your network's capabilities by understanding and using the sophisticated features available to you in Cisco's IOS software