Cisco Field Manual: Router Configuration (Paperback)
David Hucaby, Stephen McQuerry
售價: $199Cisco Router Configuration, 2/e (Hardcover)
貴賓價: $1,953Cisco Field Manual: Catalyst Switch Configuration
售價: $299CISCO Router Configuration and Troubleshooting, 2/e
貴賓價: $1,201CCNA Portable Command Guide
貴賓價: $2,220Network Security: The Complete Reference
貴賓價: $1,749Implementing Intrusion Detection Systems : A Hands-On Guide for Securing the Network
貴賓價: $1,671RHCE Red Hat Certified Engineer Linux Study Guide, 3/e
售價: $600Putting VoIP to Work: Softswitch Network Design and Testing (Hardcover)
貴賓價: $1,946Complete Java 2 Certification Study Guide, 3/e
售價: $960Programming the Microsoft Windows Driver Model, 2/e (Paperback)
貴賓價: $1,532802.11 Wireless Networks: The Definitive Guide
貴賓價: $2,343Data Mining: Concepts and Techniques
貴賓價: $1,188ARM System-on-Chip Architecture, 2/e (Paperback)
貴賓價: $2,328Embedded Linux: Hardware, Software, and Interfacing
貴賓價: $1,671Complete Java 2 Certification Study Guide, 2/e
A concise command reference for the most popular Cisco router features
- Review the basics of Cisco IOS Software user interfaces and the fundamentals of router file management, router system management and monitoring, interface configuration (including LAN, WAN, serial, and logical interfaces), and dial-based solutions
- Configure transparent bridging, concurrent routing and bridging (CRB), integrated routing and bridging (IRB), and commonly used IBM networking features
- Enable Layer 3 protocols, including IP-based features (NAT, HSRP, DHCP, TFTP, and mobile IP), IP routing protocols (RIP, IGRP, EIGRP, OSPF, IS-IS, BGP, MBGP, and IP Multicast routing), and non-IP routing protocols (AppleTalk(r) and Novell(r) IPX)
- Implement packet processing features such as quality of service and Cisco IOS Software switching services
- Establish the building blocks that can be used to implement a fully functional Voice over IP, ATM, or Frame Relay network
- Understand the procedures for securing routers and enable AAA, traffic filtering and firewalls, IPSec and encryption, and standard and extended access lists
While there are numerous sources of information and documentation detailing every feature you can implement in a Cisco network and the commands needed to enable those features, the breadth and depth of this data makes it difficult to find the exact information you want, to call up the information quickly, or to carry it with you in the field. Cisco Field Manual: Router Configuration is designed to be a quick, portable solution for networking professionals, providing an easily accessible reference to the most commonly used features that can be configured on Cisco routers.
Derived from the authors' notes about how to configure a variety of Cisco router features during the course of their preparation for the CCIE(r) exam, Cisco Field Manual: Router Configuration is an indispensable tool that helps you perform the most popular support tasks. From the first page, the authors zero in on quick facts, configuration steps, and explanations of configuration options in each Cisco IOS(r) Software feature. Divided into six major parts, the book presents concise implementation advice for families of Cisco IOS Software features, including configuration fundamentals, Layer 2 networking, network protocols, packet processing, voice and telephony, and security. Additional appendixes provide you with critical details on Cisco IOS Software filenames, password recovery, configuration registers, well-known network numbers, SNMP MIB structure, and a cabling guide. The quick reference format allows you to easily locate just the information you need without searching through thousands of pages of documentation. Each feature presents a bulleted list of quick facts to review how the feature, technology, or protocol works. This list is followed by step-by-step configuration details that walk you through the required and optional commands and examples that illustrate how to implement the commands and options.
Whether you are looking for a handy, portable reference to more easily configure Cisco routers in the field or you are preparing for CCNA(r), CCNP(r), or CCIE, you will find Cisco Field Manual: Router Configuration an essential resource that will save you hours of research time.
This book is part of the Cisco Press Networking Technologies Series, which offers networking professionals valuable information for constructing efficient networks, understanding new technologies, and building successful careers.
Table of Contents
I. CONFIGURATION FUNDAMENTALS.
2. Interface Configuration.
3. Dial Solutions.
II. LAYER 2 NETWORKING.
5. IBM Networking.
III. NETWORK PROTOCOLS.
7. IP Routing Protocols.
8. IP Route Processing.
9. Non-IP Routing Protocols.
IV. PACKET PROCESSING.
11. Cisco IOS Software Switching Services.
V. VOICE & TELEPHONY.
Appendix B: Cabling Quick Reference.
Appendix C: SNMP MIB Structure.
Appendix D: Password Recovery.
Appendix E: Configuration Register Settings.
Appendix F: Well-known IP Protocol Numbers.
Appendix G: Well-known IP Port Numbers.
Appendix H: Well-known ICMP Type and Code Numbers.
Appendix I: Well-known Multicast Addresses.
Appendix J: Well-known IPX SAP Codes.
Appendix K: Ethernet Type Codes.