Network Consultant's Handbook
Matthew J Castelli
- 出版商: Cisco Press
- 出版日期: 2001-12-10
- 定價: $1,580
- 售價: 1.9 折 $299
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 1008
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1587050390
- ISBN-13: 9781587050398
A complete resource for assessing, auditing, analyzing, and evaluating any network environment
With Network Consultants Handbook, you will
- Learn from network audit and evaluation guidelines that aid in data gathering and analysis of network environments
- Work with tables and calculations that help provide near-real-time answers to internetworking issues and challenges
- Learn network diagramming tips that aid consultants and engineers in preparing consistent drawings for in-house documentation
- Discover how specific internetworking technologies fit into a design to create a networking solution for your customer
Network consultants and engineers in today's industry continually face the challenge of assessing, auditing, and reviewing existing networks. Documenting, reviewing, and analyzing these changes in a customer's network is more challenging today than in the past, partly because of the explosive growth of converged applications and the Internet. Consultants and engineers often reinvent the wheel to gather and analyze relevant network information, particularly when examining a client's network while having little or no background information.
Network Consultants Handbook is a complete resource for assessing, auditing, analyzing, and evaluating any network environment. Intended for anyone who designs, manages, sells, administrates, or desires to understand various internetworking technologies, Network Consultants Handbook demonstrates where and how to gather relevant information and how to analyze and document this information. Technology overviews peel away each layer of the network to provide a complete assessment. This book prepares you with form templates to complete during a network audit, necessary device commands to aid in obtaining necessary information, and consistent forms to aid in documentation.
Networks are like snowflakes: No two are alike. This is the challenge that network consultants, engineers, managers, designers, and anyone else involved with networks must face every day. Network Consultants Handbook provides the resources you need to evaluate and design networks, either as a desktop reference resource or in the field where the tables and calculations help provide near-real-time answers to internetworking issues and challenges.
Companion Web Site
The companion Web site for the book contains fully downloadable versions of the data gathering and analysis templates. These templates offer an easy-to-complete solution to gathering the data you need to complete your analysis of network environments.
This book is part of the Cisco Press Networking Technologies Series, which offers networking professionals valuable information for constructing efficient networks, understanding new technologies, and building successful careers.
Table of Contents
1. Open System Interconnection (OSI) Model.
2. LAN Topologies.
3. Ethernet/IEEE 802.3.
4. Ethernet Documentation.
5. Ethernet Network Review and Analysis.
6. Token Ring/IEEE 802.5.
8. Token Ring and FDDI LAN Documentation.
9. Token Ring and FDDI Network Review and Analysis.
10. ATM LAN Emulation (LANE).
11. ATM LANE Review and Analysis.
12. Telecommunications and Telephony.
13. Private Line WANS.
14. Fiber Optic Technology.
15. Frame Relay.
16. Frame Relay Documentation.
17. Frame Relay WAN Analysis.
18. ATM Wide-Area Networking (WAN) and MPOA.
19. ATM WAN Documentation.
20. Voice Technology.
21. Remote Access and VPNs.
22. Network Management Introduction.
23. IP VPN WAN Documentation.
24. Routing Protocols, Part 1.
25. Routing Protocols, Part 2.
26. IPv6 Introduction.
27. Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS).
Appendix A: LAN/WAN Network Assessment.
Appendix B: Protocol List.
Appendix C: List of ITU-TX.121 Data Country or Geographical Codes.
Appendix D: International Country Codes.