CCIE Practical Studies Volume I
- 出版商: Cisco Press
- 出版日期: 2001-12-27
- 售價: $2,280
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $2,166
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 1366
- 裝訂: Hardcover
- ISBN: 1587200023
- ISBN-13: 9781587200021
Hands-on preparation for the CCIE Lab Exams
- Prepare yourself for the CCIE exam through five complex lab scenario exercises designed to simulate what you will encounter on the CCIE Lab Exam
- Magnify your network configuration abilities with over 40 lab exercises on LAN and WAN protocols and technologies
- Increase your CCIE preparation abilities through creating a simulated internetwork for hands-on practice
- Hone your Catalyst® switch configuration skills through practice with VLANs, VTP and trunking protocols, and Spanning-Tree Protocol
- Enhance your WAN skills through configuration of HDLC, PPP, Frame Relay, Voice over IP, Voice over Frame Relay, Voice over ATM, ISDN, and ATM
- Gain valuable insight and configuration skills on the primary interior routing protocols-RIP, IGRP, OSPF, and EIGRP
- Perfect your Transparent Bridging, Integrated Routing and Bridging, Source Route Bridging, Remote Source Route Bridging, and DLSw+ configuration skills
- Build your security knowledge with information and lab practice on configuring and applying standard, extended, named, and dynamic IP access lists
CCIE certification is the most difficult and most rewarding of the Cisco® certifications. Although the professional and financial benefits of a CCIE are excellent, attaining this level of certification takes years of experience, study, and effort. Serving a dual role of networking reference guide for configuring Cisco routers and preparation tool for the CCIE Lab Exams, CCIE Practical Studies, Volume I, is an ideal resource to help you achieve and earn the coveted CCIE designation.
CCIE Practical Studies, Volume I, provides you with the knowledge to assemble and configure all the necessary hardware and software components required to model complex, Cisco internetworks based on the OSI reference model-from Layer 1 on up. Each chapter focuses on one or more specific technologies or protocols and follows up with a battery of CCIE exam-like labs for you to configure that challenges your understanding of the chapter topics and measures your aptitude as a CCIE candidate. The final chapter of the book provides five CCIE "Simulation Labs." These labs not only test your knowledge but your speed as well-a crucial aspect of the new one-day format of the CCIE exam. Among the many resources you will need to study for the CCIE exam, you will find CCIE Practical Studies, Volume I, to be an indispensable preparation tool.
This book is part of the Cisco Press Practical Studies Series, which offers readers a means to apply the theoretical knowledge they have accumulated from other sources through hands-on lab scenarios for key networking technologies. This unique approach enables readers to practice and hone their internetworking skills while preparing for Cisco certification exams.
Table of Contents
I. MODELING THE INTERNETWORK.
II. MODELING LOCAL AREA NETWORKS, LANS.
III. CONNECTING LANS WITH WIDE AREA NETWORKS, WANS.
4. WAN protocols and Technologies: PPP.
5. WAN protocols and Technologies: Frame Relay.
6. WAN protocols and Technologies: Voice Over X.
7. WAN protocols and Technologies: ISDN.
8. WAN protocols and Technologies: ATM.
IV. ROUTING PROTOCOLS; PROVIDING TRANSPORT FOR DATA FROM ONE NETWORK TO THE NEXT.
10. Distance Vector: IGRP.
11. Hybrid: EIGRP.
12. Link State Protocols: OSPF.
V. CONFIGURING AND TRANSPORTING OTHER NETWORK PROTOCOLS.
VI. CONTROLLING NETWORKS AND NETWORK ACCESS.
VII. ENHANCED NETWORK PROTOCOLS; THE QUICK AND DIRTY FEATURE SETS.
16. Using HSRP.
17. Configuring NTP.
18. Final Practice Labs.
Appendix A. Route Maps.
Appendix B. ISDN Cause codes.
Appendix C. RFC List.
Appendix D. ISO Model.
Appendix E. Common.
Cable types and pinouts.