CCNP Self-Study : Building Scalable Cisco Internetworks (BSCI), 2/e
Catherine Paquet, Diane Teare
Cisco authorized self-study book for CCNP routing 642-801 foundation learning
Prepare for the CCNP BSCI exam 642-801 with a Cisco authorized self-study
guide. This book teaches you how to:
- Select and configure the appropriate advanced IP addressing features and services including VLSM, route summarization, CIDR, NAT, route maps, and IPv6
- Understand the principles of classful and classless routing and the difference between link-state and distance vector protocol behavior
- Implement EIGRP for scalable networks, and OSPF and IS-IS for scalable multiarea networks
- Configure BGP within your network and through either a single or multihomed interconnection
- Control and optimize routing updates and packet flow by implementing redistribution, distribution lists, route maps, and policy-based routing, and by changing administrative distance
CCNP Self-Study: Building Scalable Cisco Internetworks (BSCI), Second Edition, is a Cisco authorized self-paced learning tool. It teaches you how to design, configure, maintain, and scale routed networks that are growing in size and complexity. This book focuses on using Cisco routers connected in LANs and WANs typically found at medium to large network sites. Whether you are preparing for CCNP, CCDP, or CCIP certification or simply want to gain a better understanding of the products, services, and policies that help you control traffic over LANs and WANs and connect your network to Internet service providers, you will benefit from the foundation information presented in this book.
This comprehensive book provides detailed information and easy-to-grasp tutorials on a broad range of topics related to routing, including routing principles, protocol redistribution, and IP addressing features such as variable-length subnet masks (VLSMs), route summarization, classless interdomain routing (CIDR), Network Address Translation (NAT), and IPv6. In addition to new coverage of IPv6 and NAT, this revision to the popular first edition includes detailed coverage of the routing protocols Open Shortest Path First (OSPF), Intermediate System-to-Intermediate System (IS-IS), Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP), and Border Gateway Protocol (BGP). Configuration examples and sample verification output demonstrate implementation and troubleshooting techniques. Configuration exercises appear in every chapter to provide a practical review of key concepts to discuss critical issues surrounding network operation. Chapter-ending review questions illustrate and help solidify the concepts presented in the book.
CCNP Self-Study: Building Scalable Cisco Internetworks (BSCI), Second Edition, is part of a recommended learning path from Cisco Systems that includes simulation and hands-on training from authorized Cisco Learning Partners and self-study products from Cisco Press. To find out more about instructor-led training, e-learning, and hands-on instruction offered by authorized Cisco Learning Partners worldwide, please visit www.cisco.com/go/authorizedtraining.
This volume is in the Certification Self-Study Series offered by Cisco Press. Books in this series provide officially developed training solutions to help networking professionals understand technology implementations and prepare for the Cisco Career Certifications examinations.
Table of Contents：
Advanced IP Addressing.
2. Routing Principles.
3. Configuring Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol.
4. Configuring the Open Shortest Path First Protocol in a Single Area.
5. Interconnecting Multiple Open Shortest Path First Areas.
6. Configuring the Intermediate System-to-Intermediate System Protocol.
7. Manipulating Routing Updates.
8. Configuring Basic Border Gateway Protocol.
9. Advanced Border Gateway Protocol Configuration.
Appendix A: Job Aids and Supplements.
Appendix B: Router Password Recovery Procedure.
Appendix C: Summary of ICND Router and Switch Commands.
Appendix D: Summary of BSCI Router Commands.
Appendix E: Open System Interconnection (OSI) Reference Model.
Appendix F: Common Requests for Comments.
Appendix G: Answers to Review Questions.
Appendix H: Configuration Exercise Equipment Requirements and Initial Configurations.