WordPress 3.7 Complete, 3/e（Paperback）
Karol Król, Aaron Hodge Silver
Make your first end-to-end website from scratch with WordPress
- Learn how to build a WordPress site quickly and effectively
- Find out how to create content that’s optimized to be published on the Web
- Learn the basics of working with WordPress themes and playing with widgets
Back in the day, when you wanted to launch a new website, you either had to learn web programming yourself or hire a professional who would take care of the whole process for you. Those times are long gone due to WordPress and the great opportunities it brings. With WordPress, anyone can build an optimized site with the least amount of effort possible and then make it available to the world in no time. WordPress is a flexible and powerful tool that's ideal for creating both blog and non-blog websites. You can customize the features, incorporate your own design, and even write your own plugins with ease. Its versatility and ease of use have attracted a large, enthusiastic, and helpful community of users.
"WordPress 3.7 Complete: Third Edition" is a practical guide for anyone who wants to start their journey as a web developer. This WordPress book takes you through a step-by-step process of planning out and then building your site.
"WordPress 3.7 Complete: Third Edition" will take you through the complete process of building a fully functional WordPress site from scratch. You will learn how to create your first blog post, what the difference between posts and pages is, and how to use multimedia files to accompany your content and make it more attractive. Next, you will find out what plugins and themes are and how to use them effectively.
"With WordPress 3.7 Complete: Third Edition" , you will learn all the ins and outs of WordPress and using it for publishing content on the Web. It provides easy-to-apply advice with tons of screenshots and actionable examples.
What you will learn from this book
- Explore what WordPress is and where to get it
- Launch your website using quick WordPress installation
- Publish your first content (blog post)
- Discover what the most important sub pages of a quality website are and how to create them in WordPress
- Create custom menus to improve the user experience of your website
- Upload multimedia content such as images, audio, and video
- Install and work with plugins and widgets
- Find out where to get quality themes from and how to install them
- Produce a non-blog website with WordPress
"WordPress 3.7 Complete: Third Edition" is a comprehensive and step-by-step tutorial packed with screenshots and examples to make it easy and quick to pick it up.
Who this book is written for
This WordPress book is a guide to WordPress for online publishers and web developers. If you are new to blogging and want to create your own blog or website from scratch, then "WordPress 3.5 Complete: Third Edition" is for you. No prior knowledge of HTML/CSS or PHP is required.