Jump into the R programming language and go beyond "Hello World!"
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results.
- Basic concepts of the R language
- Discover tips and tricks for working with R
- Learn manipulation of R objects to easily customize your code
R is a versatile cross-platform environment with the power of a programming language and the flexibility of a scripting language. It is extremely powerful in manipulating and visualizing complex databases, performing statistical computations and producing any kind of plot with a very high graphical quality.
Instant R Starter is a practical introduction to the R language and will show you how to use the main functionalities of the environment. It has hands-on instructions on data analysis, data manipulation, and tips and tricks on quickly debugging your programs.
Instant R Starter will provide you with the basis of the uses of R and will set up the starting point for your future advanced development with the R language. After these basic concepts you will learn how to apply them in more advanced programming techniques, like writing complex functions, debugging them, manipulate data and plotting them.
What you will learn from this book
- Install R and its additional packages
- Create and manipulate objects (vectors, matrices, lists, and data frames)
- Discover R’s potential in data analysis and data manipulation
- Learn the use of flow control expressions
- Debug functions and handle exceptions using R’s exceptional and effective methods
- Present your data effectively by using graphics, lattice, and ggplot2 packages
Get to grips with a new technology, understand what it is and what it can do for you, and then get to work with the most important features and tasks.A practical, quick, and hands-on guide to the R language
Who this book is written for
This book is for people who are interested in an introduction to the R environment. You will not need any specific knowledge of programming or statistics, although if you are already familiar with any other software for statistical computing or data handling you will definitely learn much faster. If you are interested in going beyond "Hello World!" with R but don't know how to start, then this book is for you!