This guide to Amazon’s DevOps cloud management service will give you the know-how to build and auto-scale multistage environments and applications in the Amazon Web Services cloud. It’s the only manual you need.
- Discover how a DevOps cloud management solution can accelerate your path to delivering highly scalable infrastructure and applications
- Learn about infrastructure automation, auto-scaling, and distributed architecture using a Chef-based framework
- Includes illustrations, details, and practical examples for successful scaling in the cloud
AWS OpsWorks is a DevOps cloud management solution from Amazon Web Services. The OpsWorks web service works in concert with AWS resources and provides a template-driven approach to automated scaling. Learning AWS OpsWorks is a practical guide that includes details and instructions for scaling multistage environments and deploying applications using AWS OpsWorks.
Learning AWS OpsWorks will get you involved in a DevOps role, where you will learn key concepts and information about building scalable infrastructures to support high traffic applications. You will also learn about other important facets such as security, monitoring, and command-line reporting.
This book is a guide to Amazon’s DevOps cloud management service and will provide you with the foundation of knowledge and the skills required for building and scaling multistage environments and applications in the AWS cloud. You will become acquainted with the DevOps role and how it relates to OpsWorks. Technologies such as EC2, ELB, EBS, CloudWatch, IAM, Route 53, Git, and GitHub will be discussed in relation to the core concepts of OpsWorks, which include stack and layer development, instances, apps, monitoring, and access control. This book is full of step-by-step instructions and illustrations which are designed to help you scale your applications for the Web.
What you will learn from this book
- Master account creation for Amazon Web Services
- Learn about load balancing for redundancy and layer development to automate the configuration and deployment of instances
- Configure and deploy stacks including layers and instances
- Deploy application code automatically and auto-scale layered instances
- Configure OpsWorks to deploy the apps
A fast-paced, example-based guide to mastering AWS OpsWorks.
Who this book is written for
This book is geared towards application developers, system administrators, DevOps, and anyone else interested in delivering applications while managing highly-scalable and automated infrastructures using push-button procedures. Some knowledge of what cloud computing is as well as some familiarity with Amazon Web Services is all you need as a precursor to reading this book.