VMware NSX Network Essentials
- Experience the dynamism and flexibility of a virtualized software defined data center with NSX
- Find out how to design your network infrastructure based on what your organization needs
- From security to automation, discover how NSX’s impressive range of features can unlock a more effective and intelligent approach to system administration
VMware NSX is at the forefront of the software-defined networking revolution. It makes it even easier for organizations to unlock the full benefits of a software-defined data center – scalability, flexibility – while adding in vital security and automation features to keep any sysadmin happy. Software alone won’t power your business – with NSX you can use it more effectively than ever before, optimizing your resources and reducing costs.
Getting started should be easy – this guide makes sure it is. It takes you through the core components of NSX, demonstrating how to set it up, customize it within your current network architecture. You’ll learn the principles of effective design, as well as some things you may need to take into consideration when you’re creating your virtual networks. We’ll also show you how to construct and maintain virtual networks, and how to deal with any tricky situations and failures.
By the end, you’ll be confident you can deliver, scale and secure an exemplary virtualized network with NSX.
What you will learn
- Deep dive into NSX-v Manager, Controller deployment, and design decisions
- Get to know the strategies needed to make decisions on each mode of VXLAN that is based on physical network design
- Deploy Edge Gateway and leverage all the gateway features and design decisions
- Get to grips with NSX-v Security features and automate security
- Leverage Cross VC, identify the benefits, and work through a few deployment scenarios
- Troubleshoot an NSX-v to isolate problems and identify solutions through a step-by-step process
About the Author
Sreejith.C is a solution consultant at the Mannai corporation based out of Qatar. He specializes in storage, virtualization, private, public, hybrid cloud, and SDN. He determines customer requirements and designs VMware Cloud-based solution architectures spanning VMware’s product portfolio from the vCloud Suite to meet the functional and business requirements of various sizes of organisation, and across verticals. He holds various advanced and professional certifications: VCAP-CIA,VCAP 55-DCV,CCNA-DC, VCP-NV, VCP-CLOUD-5/6, VCP- 6/5/4, EMC-ISA, EMCISA-V2, EMCIE, and MCTS-AD2008. He has instructed multiple candidates on EMC and VMware technologies on a wide range of products such as Symmetrix, VMAX, vCloud Director, VCNS, NSX, and vCloud Air. He enjoys speaking at customer forums by sharing his ideas and also participates in VMware Community forums. You can contact him on LinkedIn ID at http://www.linkedin.com/pub/sreejith-c/44/b3/a2a
Sreejith is married to Sthuthi and they are blessed with a beautiful daughter called Naomi.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to Network Virtualization
- NSX Architecture
- NSX Manager Installation and Configuration
- NSX Virtual Networks and Logical Router
- NSX Edge Services
- NSX Security Features
- NSX Cross vCenter
- NSX Troubleshooting