Developing SSRS Reports for Dynamics AX
- 出版商: Packt Publishing
- 出版日期: 2013-08-24
- 售價: $1,400
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,330
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 132
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1782177744
- ISBN-13: 9781782177746
With the help of this book you’ll soon be creating reports that are more graphic and more easily distributed. It’s a complete guide to the technical side of developing SSRS reports for Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012.
- Build reports using AOT queries, report data provider classes, or an external data source
- Learn how to deploy reports and manage SSRS reports in AOT, as well as customize standard reports
- Discover best practices for Dynamics AX 2012 reporting and learn common SSRS expressions, classes, and methods
SQL Server Reporting Services is the primary reporting platform for Microsoft Dynamics AX. Nowadays every business demands reports ranging from showing an aggregate view of their business performance to the transactional data formatted in a way that can be easily filtered, printed, and emailed. SQL Server Reporting Services allows you to do all this and more, quickly and easily.
Developing SSRS Reports for Dynamics AX 2012 covers all the technical aspects of AX 2012 reporting, taking you through various step-by-step guides to quickly develop reports. It encapsulates various real-time scenarios and walkthroughs which will guide you step-by-step to develop reports. You will then go on to learn about various performance-related measures to help you develop or customize reports for Dynamics AX 2012 more efficiently.
Developing SSRS Reports for Dynamics AX 2012 is completely based on Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 report development. Developing SSRS Reports for Dynamics AX has been written in a way to make reporting complex components quicker and easier. You will come across day-to-day scenarios to perform report development.
Learn various mechanisms of developing reports in Visual Studio for Dynamics AX 2012. Develop reports using various types of data sources like AOT Query, external data source, and Report Data Provider class. You will also learn various performance enhancement techniques that will help you to manage complex reporting requirements.
What you will learn from this book
- Develop simple reports in Visual studio, auto design, precision design, and drill through reports
- Create advanced reports in Visual studio, Matrix, or Chart reports
- Generate reports using an external data source
- Deploy and managing reports inside AX
- Use report data providers, report contracts, UI builders, and report controller classes for report development
- Customize Dynamics AX Standard reports
Written as a step-by-step tutorial, covering all technical aspects of AX 2012 reporting to enable you to quickly learn to and develop reports.
Who this book is written for
This book is ideal for developers and administrators, who deal with Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 reporting in day-to-day scenarios. No prior exposure to Dynamics AX 2012 reporting is assumed. Readers must know about AX architecture, about the AOT, basic X++ skills, and the basics of SSRS.