Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R2 Administration Cookbook
- 出版商: Packt Publishing
- 出版日期: 2013-11-25
- 售價: $1,600
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,520
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 378
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1849688060
- ISBN-13: 9781849688062
Learning and understanding key administration tasks for Microsoft Dynamics AX is plain sailing with this cookbook. Packed with hands-on examples and full explanations, it’s the ideal tutorial for finally mastering the system.
- Task-based examples for application and third-party interactions through the AIF
- Step-by-step instructions for performing user and security management operations
- Detailed instructions for performance and troubleshooting AX 2012
Microsoft Dynamic is a powerful ERP solution for global enterprises to support industry-specific and various operational business processes. This single solution enhances various aspects of manufacturing, retail, service, and public sector industries. Due to its intriguing capabilities such as finance and supply chain management, business intelligence and reporting, and project management, it is one of the most widely used solutions, having been adopted by many organizations across the globe. If you are one of those who help organizations in administering this unique solution, this book should be in the tool belt of any AX developer to ensure compliance and simplify the ongoing management of the system.
Providing administrators who are involved in system administration and management with clear guidance on many administration tasks, this book is packed with systematic instructions of hands-on examples and in-depth explanations Even for experienced users, this book will serve as a great source of reference by providing new ways of working with Microsoft Dynamic through the book's easy-to-follow approach.
This hands-on guide looks at key administration tasks, explaining not only how each task is performed, but also why. You will be provided with practical guidance that will allow you to safely take advantage of the advanced technology in Dynamics AX 2012 in order to simplify and automate the ongoing management while maintaining compliance.
This practical book simplifies user management operations by automating the tasks of hiring new people—joining up HR and security roles through organizational hierarchies. In-depth explanations teach you about AX licensing and how to make the most of your license.
Management of models and the model store (including installing hotfixes and addons), as well as details of how they work are provided, along with practical guidance on the procedures required to reduce risk and downtime.
This book guides you through the key tasks in reporting and BI through in-depth knowledge of the Batch Framework and Alerting. Finally, important tasks in performance, system monitoring, and troubleshooting are provided with in-depth guidance and further reading.
With this comprehensive guide, you will be armed with all the tools and instructions you need to both manage the system and make better decisions as your company’s requirements evolve.
What you will learn from this book
- Learn user management and the security framework to ensure compliance and make the most out of your license (to reduce costs)
- Understand the installation and management of the Application Object Server
- Manage the batch framework to get the most from your infrastructure
- Perform system health monitoring tasks and troubleshooting
- Create legal entities and partitions
- Manage workflow and learn how to set up delegation
- Deploy SSRS reports, Analysis Server cubes, and other BI elements
- Recognize the key tasks needed to ensure AX performance