PrestaShop Module Development
- 出版商: Packt Publishing
- 出版日期: 2014-11-30
- 售價: $1,740
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,653
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 254
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1783280255
- ISBN-13: 9781783280254
About This Book
- Create and customize PrestaShop modules quickly and easily
- Provide a strong foundation in module development for developers who are new to PrestaShop
- Explore the advanced features of PrestaShop with clear and practical instructions
Who This Book Is For
If you are a developer who is new to PrestaShop and wants to get a good foundation in development on the PrestaShop framework, this book is for you. It's assumed that you will have some experience with PHP5, jQuery, and HTML/CSS (no need to be an expert on it).
What You Will Learn
- Code your own module from scratch
- Explore best practices for database table creation
- Use hooks or implement overrides
- Discover the many native methods available in PrestaShop
- Make new administration tools
- Create fully functional payment modules
- Develop carrier modules
- Secure and optimize your modules
- Build functionalities compliant with the multistore feature
The number of e-commerce websites has drastically increased in these past few years. Building your own web store is a complex and expensive task; that's why open source solutions such as PrestaShop have become so successful in tackling this issue. The main interest with open source solutions is that you can easily add or edit features by creating modules.
This practical, hands-on guide provides you with a number of clear, step-by-step exercises to help you understand how PrestaShop works, and also help you add and edit features.
Starting with the basics, this book takes you through complete module development in an effective manner. You will learn about module architecture, what a hook is, and how to use it to add functionalities to PrestaShop. You will also see how to build payment and carrier modules and make your module multistore-ready. Develop PrestaShop modules the right way and make them secure and compliant with different versions of PrestaShop.