About This Book
- Understand how services are a vital component of the AngularJS framework and how leveraging services can benefit your application
- Design and structure your AngularJS services and learn the best practices used in designing AngularJS services
- Effectively write, test, and finally deploy your application
Who This Book Is For
What You Will Learn
- Write Jasmine scenarios to test your AngularJS services
- Implement common functionality that can be leveraged by the controllers, directives, and other services in your application
- Build services that create, retrieve, update, and delete your application's data on external servers
- Move business logic to the client side to build a new class of serverless applications
- Optimize your AngularJS application for maximum performance
This book provides you with the skills and best practices needed to create AngularJS services. It starts with the fundamentals of what services are and their role in a typical AngularJS application. You will walk through the development of a real-world application using services across the various application layers and then move on to create services that provide cross-cutting concerns such as messaging, logging, and authentication.
Next, the book covers services that provide data access showing you how to interact with external cloud-based data services and how to cache data on the client to reduce network latency. The book then shows you how to write services that leverage other cloud-based services to create mashups and include functionality in your application without writing a lot of code.
You will also learn how to create business logic objects, rules engines, and finite state machines, which can be used to provide business logic for your application.