Getting Started with Knockout.js for .NET Developers
Unleash the power of Knockout.js to build complex ASP.NET web applications
About This Book
- Create complex cross-browser web applications the easy way
- Separate UI code from business logic with the Model View ViewModel () pattern
- Build a powerful client-side application step by step with Knockout MVC
Who This Book Is For
What You Will Learn
- Work with observable arrays, special bindings, and computed observables
- Integrate the Knockout.js library into ASP.NET applications
- Configure tmux and customize it for your needs
- Migrate your entire business logic to the server side with Knockout MVC
- Understand and use basic MVVM concepts such as declarative bindings and observable properties
- Discover special Knockout.js concepts such as regions, complex bindings, combined contexts, and more
- Leverage the key features of Knockout.js such as declarative bindings, templating, and dependency tracking in ASP.NET applications
Knockout MVC is a library for ASP.NET MVC that helps developers to move their entire business logic to the server.
With practical and accessible guidance, you will learn the skills necessary to successfully create Knockout.js-based applications of varying complexity.
Beginning with a vital overview of Knockout.js, including the MVVM design pattern, you will create a simple but powerful application capable of integrating with ASP.NET MVC as well as gain a thorough understanding of the Knockout MVC library. From this starting point, you will explore great advanced features that can be used in pure Knockout.js applications and server ASP.NET MVC logic, such as regions and complex bindings, as well as how to use the MVMM design pattern to create powerful sites separating the model, logic, and view layers.