Build a solid foundation in Swift to develop smart and robust iOS and OS X applications
About This Book
- Practically write expressive, understandable, and maintainable Swift code
- Discover and optimize the features of Swift to write cleaner and better code
- This is a step-by-step guide full of practical examples to create efficient IOS applications
Who This Book Is For
If you are looking to build iOS or OS X apps using the most modern technology, this book is ideal for you. You will find this book especially useful if you are new to programming or if you have yet to develop for iOS or OS X.
What You Will Learn
- Form a solid understanding of the Swift language
- Learn the practical aspects of how a computer program actually works
- Understand the paradigms used by Apple's frameworks and not be intimidated by them
- Utilize the vast resources written in Objective-C to better inform your Swift programming
- Develop a basic portfolio of Swift code, covering and practicing critical concepts
- Discover resources to ensure you never stop becoming a better developer
- Write and understand concise but expressive functional style code
- Implement various Swift design patterns to solve real-world problems
- Create your own generics for existing applications
Swift is Apple's new programming language and the future of iOS and OS X app development. At its surface, Swift is easy to jump into, but it has complex elements that are critical to becoming proficient at turning an idea into reality.
Develop the skills and confidence to dive passionately into creating compelling, maintainable, and elegant apps in Swift. This book provides an approachable, step-by-step introduction into programming with Swift. Each topic is separated into comprehensive sections that are full of practical examples and easy-to-understand explanations. Each section builds on the previous topics to develop a comprehensive understanding of app development in Swift.
It begins by giving an overview of the key features with practical examples and progresses to more advanced topics that help differentiate the skillful developers from the mediocre ones. It covers topics, such as variables, optionals, closures, generics, and memory management. In addition, this book also covers the art of programming, such as maintainability, useful design patterns, and resources for furthering your knowledge. This all culminates in writing a basic iOS app that will get you well on your way to turning your own app ideas into a reality.