Python Penetration Testing Essentials
Employ the power of Python to get the best out of pentesting
About This Book
- Learn to detect and avoid various types of attacks that put the privacy of a system at risk
- Employ practical approaches to penetration testing using Python to build efficient code and eventually save time
- Enhance your concepts about wireless applications and information gathering of a web server
Who This Book Is For
If you are a Python programmer or a security researcher who has basic knowledge of Python programming and want to learn about penetration testing with the help of Python, this book is ideal for you. Even if you are new to the field of ethical hacking, this book can help you find the vulnerabilities in your system so that you are ready to tackle any kind of attack or intrusion.
What You Will Learn
- Monitor the Ethernet IP and TCP traffic over the network
- Explore wireless traffic with the help of various programs
- Perform wireless attacks with Python programs
- Check live systems and distinguish between the operating system and services of a remote machine
- Broaden your concepts in pentesting right from the basics of the client/server architecture in Python
- Gather passive information from a website using automated scripts
- Perform XSS, SQL injection, and parameter tampering attacks
This book is a practical guide that shows you the advantages of using Python for pentesting with the help of detailed code examples.
We start by exploring the basics of networking with Python and then proceed to network hacking. Next, we delve into hacking the application layer where we start with gathering information from a website. We then move on to concepts related to website hacking such as parameter tampering, DDoS, XSS, and SQL injection.
By reading this book, you will learn different techniques and methodologies that will familiarize you with the art of pentesting as well as creating automated programs to find the admin console, SQL injection, and XSS attack.