Ashish Rudra Srivastava
- 出版商: Packt Publishing
- 出版日期: 2017-02-28
- 售價: $1,470
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,397
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 376
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1785880527
- ISBN-13: 9781785880520
- Solve problems and challenges encountered while implementing or using ServiceNow in your organization
- Helps you build core administration, management, and maintenance skills to automate and orchestrate your IT environment
- Comes with recipes to improve the way you design and create automated workflows
ServiceNow is the ideal platform for you to create enterprise-level applications, giving borh requesters and fulfillers better visibility and access to a process. With this title we ll guide you through the world of ServiceNow, letting you take on the best the platform offers you with the least amount of hassle.
Starting with the core configuration and management tasks, this book will help you build data-driven apps and it will also explore development best practices. You will learn to set up email notifications for users and work with the database view for reporting. Next, the book will guide you through creating various tasks from the workflow and show you how to make the most of the workflow utilities available in ServiceNow. Finally, the book will drive you through the auditing and diagnosing aspects of ServiceNow.
By the end of this book, you will acquire immediately applicable skills to rectify everyday problems encountered on the ServiceNow platform.
What you will learn
- Grasp the basics, such as entering and navigation, required to implement ServiceNow
- Perform core configuration and management tasks
- Use the ServiceNow plugins to manage development
- Build and publish custom applications for service management
- Design data-driven apps to connect with outside worlds by getting into Client and server scripting
- Configure alerts and notifications and understand e-mail troubleshooting and watermarking
- Build and configure reports to set up your dashboard as per the requirement
- Create and configure workflow activities
About the Author
Ashish Rudra Srivastava is an ITIL and Service-Now Certified Professional who has assisted multiple global organizations in ITSM, CRM, BPM and Infrastructure Management implementations and solutions delivery. He holds a bachelor degree in Computer Science & Engineering and a dabbler at Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, Cloud & mobile application development, Enterprise architecture frameworks and ITSM applications. He works as a Service-Now consultant, developer and trainer and has trained numerous industry professionals in ITSM tools like Service Now, BMC Remedy and JIRA in administration, development and implementation areas. He is a strategic partner to clients in Insurance, Banking and Manufacturing domains.
His research interest lies in Artificial Intelligence based network security systems. He has propounded an innovative concept of PMA-Hardware utilising an indigenous framework called NFCL model. His research paper on this titled Hardware Based Total Secured Networks was published in IJFCC journal in 2012.
Table of Contents
- Getting Started with Service-Now
- Performing Core Configuration and Management Tasks
- Building Data-Driven Application
- Configuring Alerts and Notifications
- Building and Configuring Reports
- Creating and Configuring Workflow Activities
- Auditing and Diagnosing Service-Now