- The most up-to-date advanced practical guide on Drupal 8 with an in-depth look at all the advanced new features such as authoring, HTML markup, built-in web services, and more
- If you are looking to dive deep into Drupal 8 and create industry-standard web apps, then this is the ideal book for you
- All the code and examples are explained in great detail to help you in the development process
Drupal is a very popular open source content management framework that has taken the awesomeness of developing websites to new heights and has set a new standard for ease of use, while offering innumerable ways to deploy your content to the web. With a load of new features and improvements introduced into the Drupal core, developers like you are left thirsty for knowledge on how to make the best of all these goodies.
This step-by-step, comprehensive guide is here to quench that thirst and take you through the concepts that you never knew about advanced site building, Twig theming, and extending Drupal's functionality using the Drupal 8 API to develop custom modules.
The book kicks off with a touch on some essentials such as using Pantheon to spin up an installation. From there, you will learn how to administer your Drupal installation, how to configure your site, and how to manage users, roles, and permissions effectively. The book will empower you by showing how you can leverage the built-in web services, use the latest authoring features, create amazing markup with HTML5, and create industry-standard, professional-grade websites.
You will then explore RESTful services to develop headless applications and learn how to translate content using the new multilingual functionality. You'll see how to use configuration management to minimize importing and exporting configurations, and finally migrate content from one environment to another seamlessly.
This book will give you all the weapons you need to handle and overcome any problems you might be faced with so you can ultimately become the Drupal "Ninja" in your organization!
What you will learn
- Discover how to better manage content using custom blocks and views
- Display content in multiple ways, taking advantage of display modes
- Create custom modules with YAML and Symfony 2
- Easily translate content using the new multilingual capabilities
- Manage Drupal configuration from one server to another easily