- Create and design your own customized website effortlessly and efficiently
- This up-to-date guide on Drupal 8 will show you how you can leverage the latest Drupal 8 features
- This hands-on guide will turn you into a professional grade Drupal 8 developer through 7 unique and engaging web sites
Drupal is an open source content management framework that can be used for developing websites and simplifying online management of content for users.
This book is a must-have for web developers who are looking to create professional-grade websites using Drupal 8. While building 7 different Drupal websites, we will focus on implementing the out of the box features that come with Drupal 8 and see how we can make some complex sites with minimal custom code.
Focusing completely on Drupal 8, this book will help you leverage the new Drupal 8 features such as creating a different types and layouts of content using configuration to build in core with its built-in web services facilities, and effortless authoring using the new CKEditor with an effortless and efficient industry standard approach.
The book starts with getting started with the development environment of Drupal. Each chapter will start with a brief overview of the site to be built and the required features. Then, we will proceed to create customized modules and themes and integrate third-party plugins. Lastly, you will learn about "headless" Drupal that uses RESTful services that would help you to display content outside of Drupal
By the end of the book, you will be able to implement the knowledge gained to build your own custom websites using Drupal 8.
What you will learn
- Find out how to use the Drupal 8 core functionality to build great websites
- Discover how to better manage content using custom blocks and views
- Display content in multiple ways, taking advantage of display modes
- Using the new TWIG theme engine for Drupal
- Easily manage and filter content
- Understanding best practices for building great Drupal sites
About the Author
Alex Burrows is a web developer who specializes in Drupal and is based in Surrey, UK. He is the technical director of a UK-based agency called Digidrop, also based in Surrey, UK. He set up Digidrop with his best friend, Matthias, in 2017, and the company is growing fast.
He has worked with Drupal since 2008 and has worked on some well-known brands and large-scale projects; he is also very active within the Drupal community and attends every European and North American Drupalcon, where he is a mentor as well.
He is also one of the directors of Drupalcamp London CIC, which has been running since 2013, and he has been involved in the organization and its running since the beginning. Each year, it is becoming a bigger, better, and more popular event, and it has been marked as the second biggest Drupalcamp in the world.
Table of Contents
- Getting Set up
- Telling your own story with Drupal
- Get fundraising with Drupal
- Recruit using Drupal
- List properties with Drupal
- Express your event with Drupal
- Get teaching with Drupal
- Go static with Drupal