Advanced Analytics with R and Tableau
Jen Stirrup, Ruben Oliva Ramos
- Comprehensive guide that will bring out the creativity inside you in visualizing the results of complex calculations using Tableau and R
- Combine Tableau analytics and visualization with the power of R using this step-by-step guide
- Wondering how R can be used with Tableau? This book is your one-stop solution.
Moving from data visualization into deeper, more advanced analytics? This book will intensify data skills for data viz-savvy users who want to move into analytics and data science in order to enhance their businesses by harnessing the analytical power of R and the stunning visualization capabilities of Tableau.
Together, Tableau and R offer accessible analytics by allowing a combination of easy-to-use data visualization along with industry-standard, robust statistical computation. Readers will come across a wide range of machine learning algorithms and learn how descriptive, prescriptive, predictive, and visually appealing analytical solutions can be designed with R and Tableau.
In order to maximize learning, hands-on examples will ease the transition from being a data-savvy user to a data analyst using sound statistical tools to perform advanced analytics.
What you will learn
- Integrate Tableaus analytics with the industry-standard, statistical prowess of R.
- Make R function calls in Tableau, visualizing R functions with Tableau using RServe.
- Use the CRISP-DM methodology to create a roadmap for analytics investigations.
- Implement various supervised and unsupervised learning algorithms in R that return values to Tableau.
- Get to grips with advanced calculations in R and Tableau for analytics and prediction with the help of use cases and hands-on examples.
- Make quick, cogent, and data-driven decisions for your business using advanced analytical techniques such as forecasting, predictions, association rules, clustering, classification, and other advanced Tableau R calculated field functions