Learning Buildbox 2 Game Development
- 出版商: Packt Publishing
- 出版日期: 2016-09-29
- 售價: $1,460
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,387
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 310
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1786460300
- ISBN-13: 9781786460301
- Create captivating 2D & 2.5D (isometric) video games for all platforms
- Leverage Buildbox to monetize and prepare your games for distribution
- This step-by-step tutorial will get you generating complex and media rich games with no coding experience
Buildbox is an any skill level development platform to develop video games with no coding experience. It also exports these games to be compiled for any platform (from Windows to Mac to iOS to Android and Blackberry) all using the same graphic user interface.
Using an example as a tutorial, we will relate the driving principles and you ll see how you can implement these principles to develop any games on the platform. We begin by setting expectations and providing a brief overview of the software. But it s not long before you dive in to creating your first video game. You will actually have a playable level ( world ) by the end of the second chapter.
Later on, you ll learn everything from basic graphics creation to advanced world design while you refine your first game, called Ramblin Rover. All along the way, you will see how certain functions could be used in tandem to create other types of games; hoping to spark imagination. We will follow the principles and process of monetization through ads and in-game rewards.
Lastly, we will go through the process of exporting, compiling, and preparing your storefront to sell the games you will eventually create.
What you will learn
- Create the illusion of a 3D background in your game using parallax
- Add advanced controls and obstacles to our first world
- Develop assets (graphic and audio) for the Buildbox engine
- Design games based on the capabilities and limitations of Buildbox and their target platforms
- Compile and distribute video games on various channels such as Steam, iOS store, Android stores, and the Mac App Store
- Optimize your games to get the absolute best quality within platform restrictions
- Conquer common issues experienced with Buildbox development
About the Author
Ty Audronis has been creating games and interactive experiences on computers since 1980. When other children were earning money for trips to convenience stores and arcades by raking leaves or mowing lawns, Ty was helping neighbors buy computers, and programming games for the neighborhood kids on an Atari 800 computer.
In the 1990s, Ty was introduced to the Internet and was attending California State University, Chico, as a visual effects major. He had an epiphany; one day there will be no difference between film, television, games, and the Internet. Everything will converge. As a result, Ty diversified his education (and career) into all things media. Luckily for Ty, he was right.
He s worked on several apps and games for various clients using several different development platforms. Ty has worked in many great institutions (from Frog Design to California Academy of Sciences and beyond). Ty has been recognized in several industries for his artistic and technical exploits and abilities. These include studio design, workflow design, post-production for TV/film, marketing, digital design and development, and even as a drone pilot and builder.
Ty has authored two other books for Packt Publishing: Lightning Fast Animation with Element 3D and Building Multicopter Video Drones.
Table of Contents
- So, You Want to Develop a Video Game?
- Your First Game Ramblin Rover, Part 1
- Advanced World Design Ramblin Rover, Part 2
- Menus, UIs, Sound, and More! Ramblin Rover, Part 3
- Monetization Ramblin Rover, Part 4
- Exporting and Compiling for Various Platforms R